9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here but i was wondering how much horsepower can i get all motor and running E85 . i recently purchased rev9 catless downpipe , skunk2 mega power exhaust system , Acuity curl intake , Honda flashpro and 1000cc injectors , Titanium valves and springs , going to order more parts but was wondering and estimate on horsepower .

·
Registered
767 Posts
FBO on 93 ppl usually run like 220whp ish. on e85, probably less than 10whp. I wouldn't waste your time on FBO unless you're willing to swap the oil pump out with a type s and do a k20 head swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FBO on 93 ppl usually run like 220whp ish. on e85, probably less than 10whp. I wouldn't waste your time on FBO unless you're willing to swap the oil pump out with a type s and do a k20 head swap.
Yeah i was looking to those heard the z7 head isnt the same as the k20 trying to find where i can buy one swap it out . I was also looking for a turbo kit but honestly dont have no one to point me out the right direction on what parts first to buy

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
These cars were not the best platform when it came to companies producing parts compared to prior gens. 1000cc injectors is overkill with NA E85 build, 550cc would have been plenty. Only turbo parts out there are from prl, full race and makspeed. Superchargers there kraftwerks and merc racing. Doing a k20 head swap can be an expensive build too. Id say just stick fbo with rbc manifold, do a p&p on the manifold, run a j37 TB, tune one E85, lightweight pulleys, lightweight flywheel and lighter wheels and good tires. Car will be a blast to drive and surprise a lot of people

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah i was looking to those heard the z7 head isnt the same as the k20 trying to find where i can buy one swap it out . I was also looking for a turbo kit but honestly dont have no one to point me out the right direction on what parts first to buy
There are several companies that create turbo kits for our platform. The two I hear repeatedly are makspeed and PRL. As for superchargers, there is kraftwerks and mercracing. Swapping a k20 head on the z7 is not impossible, but it is way harder to do than a K24a2. Most people either buy a downpipe + tune for NA applications. Or they go boost for best hp per dollar.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yea, definitely would need a shop to modify the k20 head. The modded head with cleaning, port job, new valves, springs, etc will probably run you about 3k ish give or a take a few hundred bucks.

As for turbo, PRL, makspeed, fullrace all have kits for our cars. Plenty of vendors sell them. Also, you might want to hit up ppl on here or fb or even on YouTube about their turbo build.

Were you planning on doing the work yourself? If not, depending on your location, I have an awesome shop that would turbo your car.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
496 Posts
i dunno if fbo would make crazy gains with e85, im sure it would help- but how much?
e85 seems secksie with forced induction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I made 211whp and 174 tq going fbo. Have a 3.5” sri, zdx, ported rbc for the zdx, rdx with a 3” dp and 2.75 catback. The car feels great and tbh is much more fun to drive compared to stock. I think going fbo is worth it. Just installed an acuity intake I can update if there’s any improvement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts