9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i hope everyone had a great weekend we had a small discussion here at Boomba and would like hear from you guys what product would you like us to provide for the 9th Gen Civic.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen that you have made mounts for the 9th Gen so maybe a front/rear strut bar for more stiffness? Or a rear tie bar for looks and functionality. Just an opinion.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
But right now the mounts are on my list of things to get. Read good reviews on them.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Hey guys i hope everyone had a great weekend we had a small discussion here at Boomba and would like hear from you guys what product would you like us to provide for the 9th Gen Civic.

A direct bolt on head replacement that will work with our OEM intake, and existing 3" downpipes, and enable / fit vtech exhaust cam. Make the cam fitment dimensions mimic the intake side.

Say you'll do it and I'll pre-order NOW!

Reactions: Digger

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I'm just throwing ideas out there.

A better cai with less bends, which there are people here who has done them already. Built a Downpipe to compete with the other ones out there to show why you guys are number 1. Get a hold of projector headlights. Rear swaybars, etc.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts

A direct bolt on head replacement that will work with our OEM intake, and existing 3" downpipes, and enable / fit vtech exhaust cam. Make the cam fitment dimensions mimic the intake side.

Say you'll do it and I'll pre-order NOW!
That would be pretty incredible but I think it might be a lot to ask for.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
That would be pretty incredible but I think it might be a lot to ask for.
It's business, if enough people want it, they'll do it.
And I don't think it's engineering the moon, if no one comes out with one I'll eventually do it myself, I'm not kidding.

As far as the intake goes, you should make your own, that is a simple enough DIY.

·
Registered
548 Posts
A better designed CAI that mimics the path of the stock intake. If you could fab up an intake that pulled in air from the front bumper and didn't require battery relocation that would be the bees knees. I think enough people on the forum would be buyers. You don't even need to make the filter. A generic KN one would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
A better designed CAI that mimics the path of the stock intake. If you could fab up an intake that pulled in air from the front bumper and didn't require battery relocation that would be the bees knees. I think enough people on the forum would be buyers. You don't even need to make the filter. A generic KN one would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
C' mon guys...
We can do the CAI ourselves, this a simple DIY.
I can't believe how many people pay for a filter on a stick.
DIY the intake, use the boomba resources for the head. The intake side wasn't the compromise, that cam has 2 lobes, the exhaust side was the compromise in the design, one lobe on the cam, that is where the gains are to be made.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
C' mon guys...
We can do the CAI ourselves, this a simple DIY.
I can't believe how many people pay for a filter on a stick.
DIY the intake, use the boomba resources for the head. The intake side wasn't the compromise, that cam has 2 lobes, the exhaust side was the compromise in the design, one lobe on the cam, that is where the gains are to be made.
I agree

Sent from my fingertips via magic

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Sorry guys, just realized I may be comin' across wrong.
Done trying to influence the thread.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Not quite sure if this would be up Boomba's alley or not, but what about hood dampers? For stock hoods and for carbon fiber hoods. And hopefully less than $100 or so. No one makes them for the 2012+ Civic yet, so Boomba would have a monopoly on the hood damper market!

·
Registered
288 Posts
front strut bar and defenatly a better CAI

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting ideas keep em comin and i hope everyone had a great weekend!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing yet its too early just been putting the last touches with electrics on our dyno stay tuned for updated :D

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
How about a cai that works with the rbc manifold or maybe a intake manifold specificaly made to bolt up to the k24 and not a kit something similar to the skunk2 manifold made for the 8th gen

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems like alot of people are really interested in CAI hmm interesting.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts