9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car in for test fitting and met with the guys over at Boomba Racing. Very friendly, very nice shop.

They pulled my car in, put it on lifts and took lots of pictures. The upper mount ended up being exactly the same as 8th gen si, but the lower mount actually matched the lower mount from the R18 8th gen. There is not a front mount, which we all found interesting. They installed the new mounts really quickly, set me up with some swag and sent me on my way.

First impressions:

There are more engine vibrations transmitted as I expected (really, you have to expect this as these are designed to connect the engine more directly to the frame of the car to stop the engine from twisting), but I really only noticed the extra vibration on starting from a stop. Normal cruising there is no sound/vibration difference. I will say that the car "feels" more tightly put together and there is more feedback, which I really like.

Will update when I have time. Picture is of the upper mount (red anodized). Will have to get a pic of the lower next time I have it up in the air.

103_3398.jpg

After several weeks with them installed:

I seem to remember noticing a difference when they were first installed, but not much anymore. The Boomba guys told me there would be no break-in with these mounts, so my best guess is I now feel it as normal. I have made changes in the past to other cars that wear on me (read annoyed the @#%$ out of me), but this one has blended into normal.

Biggest thing I can say is it passed the wife test. She is not at all a car person and she was annoyed
(a lot) when I lowered the car due to a rougher ride.

Still quite happy with the mounts and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to tighten things up and prevent wheel hop.

·
Registered
928 Posts
How much?

Marko!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
so theres only 2 stock mounts on the si?

·
Registered
928 Posts
We have mounts! They only replaced the Torque Rods with stiffer units!! ;) Best of both worlds, the powertrain won't move much and it wont be vibrating\resonating like hell!

Marko!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Boomba mounts

wondering why honda would eliminate front mount on the new si while at the same time increasing torque output with a bigger motor!!!! gotta eliminate wheelhop!! sheez honda wth you thinking

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I do hate this wheel hop. Very bumpy roads where I live and I gotta shift at 2300 to keep it smooth. It's still not as bad as my 03 EX was though.

If the bomba are anything like the stiffy torque damper I put on the 03 then its not really comfortable for a daily driver. Lots of vibration when stopped.

·
Registered
470 Posts
three mounts total,they did away with the front mount which i completely dont get as the new si makes much more torque.when i dyno pulled my car the motor was movin all over the place :WTF:

·
Registered
470 Posts
true batman i agree ,im tryin to come up with another solution,possibly a torque strap,something i can remove easily and adjust easily

·
Banned
8,333 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Someone else mentioned these recently. They eliminate wheel hop and engine movement which makes power to the wheels feel instant after a shift. Downside is they make the car vibrate like crazy when you are stopped, first accelerating, or coasting in neutral.

Had the ingalls stiffy torque damper in my 03 so I experianced the vibrating first hand. Good thing about the damper is that you could adjust it on the fly. So if I knew I would be hitting stop and go traffic I would pop the hood for 10 seconds and set to soft before leaving.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Someone else mentioned these recently. They eliminate wheel hop and engine movement which makes power to the wheels feel instant after a shift. Downside is they make the car vibrate like crazy when you are stopped, first accelerating, or coasting in neutral.

Had the ingalls stiffy torque damper in my 03 so I experienced the vibrating first hand. Good thing about the damper is that you could adjust it on the fly. So if I knew I would be hitting stop and go traffic I would pop the hood for 10 seconds and set to soft before leaving.
wow now thats pretty cool! They do having bushings, but i see what you means making the engine more solid with the chassis of the car.

Maybe i'll give em a try and see how she does :)

They seem less bulky to me in the pictures, but guess we'll just wait and see! :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I'm doing a lot of little things in the engine bay for August!, Hope it pays off :)

Reactions: JimmersSi

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are fantastic for when you are wanting to play. It actually makes the car "feel" like it has more power. When you hit the gas it just snaps as to say yes sir!! right away sir!!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
They are fantastic for when you are wanting to play. It actually makes the car "feel" like it has more power. When you hit the gas it just snaps as to say yes sir!! right away sir!!
Sounds like some woohoo! :D

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Motor mounts > torque dampner

·
Registered
359 Posts
So is it availiable for purchase?

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
470 Posts
Boomba mounts

Installed my boomba mounts today,car feels totally different,like havin a swapped eg.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts