9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I've been very conflicted on this project. I've loved Nissan stuff I've owned boosted 240sx, b13- sentras NA and boosted and NA and boosted p10=infiniti g20. so I'm very familiar with the automotive world. But life happens had my son was married and got divorced had to sell many items for court bills sucks but life goes on. So now I'm here i got a 2012 civic hybrid i love this car, but it is extremely slow lol and i know it suppose to economical not meant for speed but i hate the fact that my car is slow and it is easier to just to get an older car and work on that but there too many of them tbh and i feel that it would bee awesome as a sleeper sort of. i have so many question and ideas and concerns. First of i do have a daily that is a beater so no issues not using the civic for awhile also im in no rush to get this car out so quickly i rather do it right and smart even if it takes me 2 years to build it and that is my goal to build this within 2 years. My goals HP is between 300-400 so going boost will be my way of going.

Engine- currently it the hybrid motor so i know k20 are they way to go but what is the best set up for my build people said k20 head with k24 block but people who already built a boosted k series. if anyone can provide what a good motor setup or even show me where can i find an article i would appreciate it.

Transmission- So when it come to Honda trans i have no idea which is best so if some one can assist me on to comparing the trans thank you.

ECU- so here is where Im complected because ive used AEM or NIstune for my nissan product and i know about Hondata so if anyone know which ecu would be best for the build for example i know AEM is great it can be expensive but if Hondata can do what AEM does and its cheaper ill do that but if I have to go to AEM then i will.

Turbo- So I've used a baby t25 from factory from the GTI-r motor and the beast 35R for my more serious build. So what turbo is best for my goals and what works best for the K series.

As time goes on i will post pictures and update everything once im ready to thank you guys for any advice. Also the other items like exhuast and wheels and tires that stuff can be easily obtain.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I boosted my Si. It's the first turbo build I've done so I'm no expert, I've built a N/A engine in the past too. I do not know anything about the other K24 engines.

Integrated exhaust manifold is pretty sweet to mount a turbo to. With the EFR 7064, I'm making boost before 2,500rpms and making north of 380. These blocks max around 12PSI and 410-430HP on 93. E85 or Methanol and they've been pushed north of 450. Transmission will need gears, not sure what Max HP is on 4th, but I'd guess more than 350HP it will fail eventually. Stock ECU is fine for turbo builds with Hondata flashpro for tuning ECU.

Frankenstein head swaps aren't needed for the k24z7 for 400hp, but a RBC intake swap does help. I'm guessing head swaps aren't needed for any of the K24s for your goals.

I'm almost positive that any other K24 will be cheaper than the z7. BUT trading up to a Civic Si with a K24 will likely be cheaper than k24 swapping your Civic (I know you know this), so do whatever cool build you want and post us pics!

If you go for it, are you deleting the hybrid side of the car? I don't know anything about the hybrid system of the Civic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts