9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a few grand overdue for a brake fluid flush (thought it was every 30k and was new when I got the car, it's every 45k according to BlueDriver, I'm at 50k). Before I order Honda fluid, can anyone who has flushed it before tell me how much I should get? I don't want to overbuy or underbuy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any DOT 3 or 4 fluid is fine. Does not have to be from Honda.

I believe they can be had in 32fl oz bottles at your local auto parts store.That should be enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? So the manual just says that so they can sell more brake fluid?

Cool.

Also, do you know if the hybrid requires anything before the actual bleeding? Toyota hybrids have to be put into "invalid mode" first.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Really? So the manual just says that so they can sell more brake fluid?

Cool.

Also, do you know if the hybrid requires anything before the actual bleeding? Toyota hybrids have to be put into "invalid mode" first.
Ive not done a Honda hybrid,but hybrids generally require a pressure bleeder to complete the procedure properly.
What is the year and model of your Civic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Flush is done, but the hardest part on the hybrid is reading how much fluid is in the master cylinder. There are no markings on the cylinder- instead, you are supposed to turn the car on and use the reservoir in the back (with markings) to check the level. How do I know whether I've added too little/too much?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts