9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
it's not uncommon for floating calipers to "fail" at high speed braking....

you have 2 solution, #1 don't try to stop the car when travel over 100+, try to reduce speed than slow down will be ideal. #2 upgrade your calipers to fix pistons calipers.

Will that work with s2000 rotors?

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
s2000 rotors is 300mm x 25mm thick, stock 9th gen civic si rotors are 300mm x 25mm thick

you don't need s2000 rotors because it's the same size as stock si, but if you have it already, yes, they will fit

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
Even though I don't own a civic anymore I love this forum... <3
Congrats on the sale :thumb: (I saw that you had the thread closed).

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
17x8 rpf1 with Bridgestone RE11A 235/45-17

u guys do know suspension have a lot to do with low ET's right ? It's why even with 500+ whp & drag slick, Patrick are still in the 11's

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
Can you explain that? I'm not trying to fish for worms but it appears I put my line in a can of them..
He wasn't talking about fishing line. haha

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
17x8 rpf1 with Bridgestone RE11A 235/45-17

u guys do know suspension have a lot to do with low ET's right ? It's why even with 500+ whp & drag slick, Patrick are still in the 11's
Having a Ball bearing turbo helped me spool boost a lot faster too

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I am going to use the way back machine here for this story.

My father-in-law used to be teh go to Jaguar mechanic in of all places Mason Michigan. People would come from far away (or have their drivers come from far away) to get their cars worked on.
One of his client was wrestling's The Sheik. And no I don't men the new guy The Iron Sheik. He was a poor replacement for the original.
These gusy would come to him and explain vibrations that only happened at high speeds. Now since the cars were so heavy, it took some distance (with the low gearing but big HP) to get them going. So he would point them down U.S. 127 and get them up near 150 mph. These clients had money and by gosh, if it had an issue at any speed they wanted it fixed.

The local P.O. all knew who he was and when they saw him flying down the highway going to Jackson they knew what was up and didn't mess with him. All part of the job.

My father-in-law is a cool guy. Wish the family got along better.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
These were state of the art cars in the 60's. A Civic remains the entry level car of the market but is capable of huge improvements. Hell, that is why we all have them.
Turn that lease in, get one for keeps and mod the heck out of it. But don't come up on me at 100 pmh out of control or you may be dead in the ditch.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
First post, just got a 13' Si in February
I have an issue with braking that is only noticeable above 100 mph.
Basically what happens is that the car shakes (one time very violently (was from 133ish),

and left me with a stuck caliper on the front right passenger side for 20 mins)
Sorry but I have to throw the BS Flag.png flag on the stuck caliper. If the caliper stuck the tire would have one or more flat spots.
And, would be ruined...
I struggle to believe the op's version of what happened. Especially the stuck caliper.
2012 & later Civics do have driver aids built into the ABS/VSA systems.
And the op's experience may just be the brake assist system working.

See Civic Owner's manual pg. 232

Brake Assist System
Designed to assist the driver by generating greater braking force when you depress
the brake pedal hard during emergency braking.
■ Brake assist system operation
Press the brake pedal firmly for more powerful braking.
When brake assist operates, the pedal may wiggle slightly and an operating noise
may be heard. This is normal. Keep holding the brake pedal firmly down.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Op just swap out your pads and install some ss brake lines with higher boiling point brake fluid. You'll never worry about brake issues again.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts