9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1453 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Got my exhaust installed today!
As many know, I had an Injen Axleback. That $hit was just too damn loud in the cabin so I ordered a Q300 catback. After waiting for 2 1/2 months on backorder, I received the exhaust last week and installed it today. I absolutely love it so far and it definitely cuts down on the drone in the cabin. From the outside the Q300 has a more raw sound and not the sound of a loud muffled fart. Don't get me wrong, if you want to be noticed on the road and have your neighbors absolutely despise you when you fire up your droney a$$ car to go to work in the morning while their trying to sleep, then the Injen Axleback is for you! I on the other hand, value what little relationship I have with my neighbors and prefer my passengers ride in comfort and not have my exhaust drone through from one ear to the other. Invidia definitely makes a good quality product and it's almost a shame to put something that is so shiney and well made on the underside of my car to get as dirty as it most likely will.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Cool review. Will keep it in mind when the mod bug finally hits.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Got my exhaust installed today!
As many know, I had an Injen Axleback. That $hit was just too damn loud in the cabin so I ordered a Q300 catback. After waiting for 2 1/2 months on backorder, I received the exhaust last week and installed it today. I absolutely love it so far and it definitely cuts down on the drone in the cabin. From the outside the Q300 has a more raw sound and not the sound of a loud muffled fart. Don't get me wrong, if you want to be noticed on the road and have your neighbors absolutely despise you when you fire up your droney a$$ car to go to work in the morning while their trying to sleep, then the Injen Axleback is for you! I on the other hand, value what little relationship I have with my neighbors and prefer my passengers ride in comfort and not have my exhaust drone through from one ear to the other. Invidia definitely makes a good quality product and it's almost a shame to put something that is so shiney and well made on the underside of my car to get as dirty as it most likely will.
Been thinking about this too. Will the car drive like crap after installing the catback Q300 without a tune?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Been thinking about this too. Will the car drive like crap after installing the catback Q300 without a tune?
No, I haven't noticed any problems yet. I don't think the pipe diameter is large enough to cause any exhaust gas flow problems. It's a 2.75" system as others, like Fullrace, are 3". The only problem I've noticed is with my intake causing the vehicle to studder a bit when suddenly giving the throttle an extra push.

Right after I installed the Q300 and heard how much quieter and civilized it is I totally through of you and said to myself, "This is exactly what Kev is looking for and the family will definitely prefer the quietness over the Injen."

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
No, I haven't noticed any problems yet. I don't think the pipe diameter is large enough to cause any exhaust gas flow problems. It's a 2.75" system as others, like Fullrace, are 3". The only problem I've noticed is with my intake causing the vehicle to studder a bit when suddenly giving the throttle an extra push.

Right after I installed the Q300 and heard how much quieter and civilized it is I totally through of you and said to myself, "This is exactly what Kev is looking for and the family will definitely prefer the quietness over the Injen."
Would installing the Q300 trip any CEL without a tune.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Would installing the Q300 trip any CEL without a tune.
Nope, nothing for me yet and I haven't heard of anybody having this issue.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Nope, nothing for me yet and I haven't heard of anybody having this issue.
Nice. Is it raspy at all? Definitely need to go for a ride next time we meet up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice. Is it raspy at all? Definitely need to go for a ride next time we meet up.
No, I wouldn't say it's raspy but it's free-er flowing for sure.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
No, I wouldn't say it's raspy but it's free-er flowing for sure.
Dan is there still a 2-3 month wait for the q300 and did you purchase it through Garage 5?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dan is there still a 2-3 month wait for the q300 and did you purchase it through Garage 5?
Yes I got mine from Garage 5. I doubt there would still be such a long wait because I'm assuming Invidia would produce a large batch of exhausts. That being said, I wouldn't wait too long to order just incase they didn't produce a whole bunch more than what their backorders were. Being in manufacturing myself, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. :p When Garage 5 went to order mine, they called probably a dozen other suppliers to see if they had any with no luck, so keep that in mind.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Yes I got mine from Garage 5. I doubt there would still be such a long wait because I'm assuming Invidia would produce a large batch of exhausts. That being said, I wouldn't wait too long to order just incase they didn't produce a whole bunch more than what their backorders were. Being in manufacturing myself, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. :p When Garage 5 went to order mine, they called probably a dozen other suppliers to see if they had any with no luck, so keep that in mind.
Okay thanks gonna check it out next meet on your car before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That being said, I've been keeping my eye on the weather forecast for this Friday and it's gone back and forth with rain and no rain. The only other question now is if people are doing Valentines day things on the Friday instead? I'm still living the life calling it Singles Awareness Day so it makes no difference to me but wanted to get a feel for the rest of you guys.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I checked with them last week. ETA 2 weeks. They have plenty of stock but our dollar suck balls right now. Everything in it's 800+ :( sigh
$800 is pricey for sure for basically an exhaust................I might still have to get it though lol. Your almost better off just getting wheels for that price.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Meet this Friday!

Time: 8pm till whenever
Location: Market Crossing, in front of Tim Hortons (Corner of Marine and Byrne)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Meet this Friday!

Time: 8pm till whenever
Location: Market Crossing, in front of Tim Hortons (Corner of Marine and Byrne)
Most likely I'll be there as long as the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Most likely I'll be there as long as the weather cooperates.
Awesome! Weather is looking good. We got a little bit of rain today in Abbotsford but tomorrow is looking dry. Jtan is coming out too as long as he doesn't flake on us like he's done before. ;) Karim said he's gonna try make it out but tomorrow is a busy day for him so hopefully he will be able to show. Either way, I'm looking forward to the drive out there!!

1001 - 1020 of 1453 Posts