9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting some bucket seats from a m8 and throwing them in my 2013 si coupe. What kind of problems will arise with doing this (airbag and seat sensor) and where can i find mounting rails?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thinking about getting some bucket seats from a m8 and throwing them in my 2013 si coupe. What kind of problems will arise with doing this (airbag and seat sensor) and where can i find mounting rails?
You'll have to get resistors to shut up the airbag and seat sensors. Idk where to get em, but they're out there. As far as I know if my memory is correct, BuddyClub is the only company that makes seat rails for our Civics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Buddy club right now is the only company making rails for our cars, there is no specific resistor available but im sure it can be easily done, I personally have a bride seat in my car so I cam answer whatever questions you may have

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I've seen one person so far with fully swapped seats. But they never gave me an answer as to how they got the airbag light off lol. I'm still highly curious about this...anybody that has any info, please, chime in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's your ride so you can obviously do whatever you want with it, but please do some research before you bolt something aftermarket or from another manufacturer in your car. The OEM seats are designed to work with the safety features built into your specific vehicle. Not saying aftermarket = bad. Just that not all aftermarket seats are safety-tested like OEM seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts