9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Question regarding Buddy Club BBK. Searched the forum and can't find an answer. Did Buddy Club create a full BBK with rotors for the 9th gen or was it just a caliper kit with brake pads that they offered?

If they offered the full kit, anyone have any info on rotor size?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The front brake rotors are 330mm in diameter.

Buddy Club Brake Kit
It doesn't say that anywhere in the description. Just says calipers and pads are included. All the Civics I saw pictured in that thread are using stock sized rotors. Comment #46 confirms the OEM sized rotor being suggested.

The only Buddy Club BBK kits I saw that came with rotors were for other cars. The FR-S/GR86 for example (which was pictured).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't say that anywhere in the description. Just says calipers and pads are included. All the Civics I saw pictured in that thread are using stock sized rotors. Comment #46 confirms the OEM sized rotor being suggested.

The only Buddy Club BBK kits I saw that came with rotors were for other cars. The FR-S/GR86 for example (which was pictured).
Yeah, which is what I saw too and can't seem to find an answer. I reached out to FKXRacing since he sold the caliper kits here, apparently there were 2 bracket sizes, one was 300mm for stock rotors and one was 330mm for the 330mm rotors that came in the kit. I reached out to Buddy Club directly and they told me that they sold only the full kit for 9th gens and it was a 330x28mm rotor. Even though the kit is discontinued, they still sell the rotors at $800 for a set.

Now I need to find out what are some replacement pads that will fit the buddy club calipers, other than the buddy club brake pads. I know there are others that fit, just don't know what model number to look for. Did find some info on the forums saying something about pads for a Viper will fit.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah, which is what I saw too and can't seem to find an answer. I reached out to FKXRacing since he sold the caliper kits here, apparently there were 2 bracket sizes, one was 300mm for stock rotors and one was 330mm for the 330mm rotors that came in the kit. I reached out to Buddy Club directly and they told me that they sold only the full kit for 9th gens and it was a 330x28mm rotor. Even though the kit is discontinued, they still sell the rotors at $800 for a set.

Now I need to find out what are some replacement pads that will fit the buddy club calipers, other than the buddy club brake pads. I know there are others that fit, just don't know what model number to look for. Did find some info on the forums saying something about pads for a Viper will fit.
Wow, hope those are legit 2-piece rotors for that price. Interesting to hear Buddy Club say they only sold the full kit, given that clearly many people here bought it without the rotors.

The pad size would make sense. I believe it was stated that the calipers were based off the Vipers.

Reactions: JDM4U
1 - 5 of 5 Posts