9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 260 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
So after a long and tiring 5 minutes, I adjusted my damping on my front and rear. Turns out I was at the softest setting and bottoming out all the time... Ride is perfect and quiet now. I feel real dumb, but happy lol.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ok. Yeah I have moog endlinks in the front, progress endlinks in the rear. front sport spec coils are set to 8 and rears at 17. The ride feels nicer now too, I dont have to crawl at every bump in the road.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmm, I might check my dampening thing when I get a chance but then again, my nut to that part is broken and I was planning to move everything on my old coilover to a new strut that I was given to test out. I also do have moogs but I don't think that is my problem with the noise.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Also check your front preload. I set zero preload when I installed mine, and they sagged maybe 2mm. Not uncommon but I think that could be where some noises are coming from for some people.

I think for mine, I did a 5mm adjustment to tighten the front set of springs on the coil to prevent the sag. I did notice it though when it was set to zero preload.

·
Registered
370 Posts
how hard are they to adjust ? I just bought them !
because I barely have to knowledge in coilovers adjustment ...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
how hard are they to adjust ? I just bought them !
because I barely have to knowledge in coilovers adjustment ...
if your confuse ? you can always call buddy club, they can help you over the phone, or you can just dm/pm me on the forum or on Instagram

·
Registered
370 Posts
adjust what? dampening or height?
Well surely I wont do that myself because im not equipped for this job and dont have a garage (too bad) so I rely on the guy to install them doing the preload thing and all that...

yeah how to adjust height and dampening ?
I guess you adjust dampening once and it stays like that. For the height setting I want it to be in the 1,5" zone approximately because where I live being more low than that is just not pleasing, with 1.5" it will be okay.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I just recently installed the Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers about a month ago. I am running into an issue with the front suspension set up. The car is making a loud squeaking noise coming from the driver's side front and sometimes from the passenger side. I have already removed and reinstalled them and double checked the preload settings. Everything is stock in the front except the coilovers and I have Moog endlinks.

Anyone know what the issue could be? I am running out of ideas.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Hi,

I just recently installed the Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers about a month ago. I am running into an issue with the front suspension set up. The car is making a loud squeaking noise coming from the driver's side front and sometimes from the passenger side. I have already removed and reinstalled them and double checked the preload settings. Everything is stock in the front except the coilovers and I have Moog endlinks.

Anyone know what the issue could be? I am running out of ideas.

call the vendor where you purchase it from and have them warranty it

·
Registered
7 Posts
call the vendor where you purchase it from and have them warranty it
I contacted the vendor where I purchased them. They are uncertain on what the issue is they originally thought it was due to an alignment but even after an alignment the issue was still occurring. The vendor told me that I would have to contact Buddy Club directly.

I have already sent an email out to Buddy Club 3 days ago and a followup this morning. Buddy Club has yet to respond in regards to the issue. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I contacted the vendor where I purchased them. They are uncertain on what the issue is they originally thought it was due to an alignment but even after an alignment the issue was still occurring. The vendor told me that I would have to contact Buddy Club directly.

I have already sent an email out to Buddy Club 3 days ago and a followup this morning. Buddy Club has yet to respond in regards to the issue. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.
well, as a vendor, it's much easier for vendor to contact buddy club directly for you than yourself. if I'm busy, I'll text Albert at buddy club and let him know my customer will call him for warranty and he will make sure my customers issue will be taking care of ASAP.

i earn my business by doing actual after sale customer service, your vendor need to do the same. if he can't do these things for you, you should've just buy it from ebay.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

so, what's the update ? did you take care of it ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
so, what's the update ? did you take care of it ??
I contacted Buddy Club multiple times and they have yet to get back to me. It has been a few months now and I am very displeased with their customer service. The noise went away when the weather was above 70 degrees F. Since I live in Western PA it is under that temp the majority of the year and just wasn't worth the noise to keep them on. I removed the suspension and went back to stock struts and shocks. I am now looking to sell the coilovers.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I contacted Buddy Club multiple times and they have yet to get back to me. It has been a few months now and I am very displeased with their customer service. The noise went away when the weather was above 70 degrees F. Since I live in Western PA it is under that temp the majority of the year and just wasn't worth the noise to keep them on. I removed the suspension and went back to stock struts and shocks. I am now looking to sell the coilovers.
where is the vendor in all of this ?

this is a very easy fix, have your vendor call bc and they will get a rma #

and you will get a return shipping label and it's either they fix it or replace it or exchange it with brand new shocks

i don't understand why didn't you contact the vendor when they are the one that suppose to be helping you on this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am having a similar issue, I just recently installed mine about a week ago and there is a light squeaking coming from the drivers side front. I did notice that is also only happens when the weather is cooler and within the first 5-10 mins of driving my car before it starts to warm up.

If you figure out the issue post it here please.

241 - 260 of 291 Posts