9th Gen Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
What is the difference between going through the vendor or not, customer service is customer service whether directly with the customer or vendor.

where is the vendor in all of this ?

this is a very easy fix, have your vendor call bc and they will get a rma #

and you will get a return shipping label and it's either they fix it or replace it or exchange it with brand new shocks

i don't understand why didn't you contact the vendor when they are the one that suppose to be helping you on this.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
What is the difference between going through the vendor or not, customer service is customer service whether directly with the customer or vendor.

it's the same with tire road hazard warranty, it's much easier and faster if you can just bring your tire to your local shop and have them warranty it on the spot than calling Michelin and going back and forth and still end up refer back to the tire shop at the end...

vendors can ease up the warranty process, sometime avoiding it. especially on noise, sound, squeaking or rattling issues.

when vendor ask you to call the manufacturer for problems or warranty ? all they are doing is deflecting the problems so they don't have to deal with it.

example: when you buy a wool sweater from a department store, and the wool cause you skin rash, imagine you bring it back to the dept store for a refund or replacement and the dept store tells you to deal with the issue with the brand/manufacturer. so yes, vendor's customer service is very important.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I am having a similar issue, I just recently installed mine about a week ago and there is a light squeaking coming from the drivers side front. I did notice that is also only happens when the weather is cooler and within the first 5-10 mins of driving my car before it starts to warm up.

If you figure out the issue post it here please.
pm'd

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
A manufacturer that discriminates warranty/customer service based on where you bought their product is very poor customer service IMO.
Excellent customer service is a company that stands behind their product/warranty in a timely manner no matter where the item was purchased regardless of in store or online.
And referring to your analogy which is again out of context I am referring to the poor service offered by the manufacturer not where he/she purchased the product from.

it's the same with tire road hazard warranty, it's much easier and faster if you can just bring your tire to your local shop and have them warranty it on the spot than calling Michelin and going back and forth and still end up refer back to the tire shop at the end...

vendors can ease up the warranty process, sometime avoiding it. especially on noise, sound, squeaking or rattling issues.

when vendor ask you to call the manufacturer for problems or warranty ? all they are doing is deflecting the problems so they don't have to deal with it.

example: when you buy a wool sweater from a department store, and the wool cause you skin rash, imagine you bring it back to the dept store for a refund or replacement and the dept store tells you to deal with the issue with the brand/manufacturer. so yes, vendor's customer service is very important.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
A manufacturer that discriminates warranty/customer service based on where you bought their product is very poor customer service IMO.
Excellent customer service is a company that stands behind their product/warranty in a timely manner no matter where the item was purchased regardless of in store or online.
And referring to your analogy which is again out of context I am referring to the poor service offered by the manufacturer not where he/she purchased the product from.

if your rpf1 have casting pore leak, go call enkei usa, and they tell you to go back to the vendor where you buy the items from and file a warranty claim. and the vendor will check the leak and send the wheel back to enkei usa for you and get you a brand new replacement.

that is not bad customer service from the manufacturer, that is how motorsport business work. there are few exception that the brand will only deal warranty with the customer directly,

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
But we are not talking about Enkei we are talking about Buddy Club stop changing the subject and putting down other companies lol. So Buddy Club expects the buyer to go back to vendor or else don't expect any customer service?

if your rpf1 have casting pore leak, go call enkei usa, and they tell you to go back to the vendor where you buy the items from and file a warranty claim. and the vendor will check the leak and send the wheel back to enkei usa for you and get you a brand new replacement.

that is not bad customer service from the manufacturer, that is how motorsport business work. there are few exception that the brand will only deal warranty with the customer directly,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ive had this happen with a few companies contacted them directly and never got a response had the vendor contact the company for me and the issue was resolved.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Vendor probably has a contact person so they have an inside track leaving the ordinary guy out in the cold. And I agree with Greg do you want to deal with a company that does business in that manner.

Ive had this happen with a few companies contacted them directly and never got a response had the vendor contact the company for me and the issue was resolved.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
well, as a vendor, it's much easier for vendor to contact buddy club directly for you than yourself. if I'm busy, I'll text Albert at buddy club and let him know my customer will call him for warranty and he will make sure my customers issue will be taking care of ASAP.

i earn my business by doing actual after sale customer service, your vendor need to do the same. if he can't do these things for you, you should've just buy it from ebay.
where is the vendor in all of this ?

this is a very easy fix, have your vendor call bc and they will get a rma #

and you will get a return shipping label and it's either they fix it or replace it or exchange it with brand new shocks

i don't understand why didn't you contact the vendor when they are the one that suppose to be helping you on this.
Vendor probably has a contact person so they have an inside track leaving the ordinary guy out in the cold. And I agree with Greg do you want to deal with a company that does business in that manner.

it's why many well-build cars owner are friends with vendors/shops (like meesh ? lol)

just like this link: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/suspension-brakes/203737-tein-coilovers-weird-noise.html

perfect example, it's just an installation issue, imagine he calls tein and ask for RMA and send it back and tein found nothing, he wasted money on removes it, postage for round trip and time, all it need is to repair to strip thread & tighten it the upper nut and problem solved.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Again you've missed the point, the POINT is what constitutes good/great customer service is a company that offers top notch service no matter who you are or who your friends are. A company that caters to only one segment and shuts everybody else out is poor customer service.

The link you provided is useless. That is an installation issue, we are talking about customer service issues specifically related to Buddy Club were buyers have attempted to contact Buddy Club for warranty and they've been left out in the dark.

it's why many well-build cars owner are friends with vendors/shops (like meesh ? lol)

just like this link: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/suspension-brakes/203737-tein-coilovers-weird-noise.html

perfect example, it's just an installation issue, imagine he calls tein and ask for RMA and send it back and tein found nothing, he wasted money on removes it, postage for round trip and time, all it need is to repair to strip thread & tighten it the upper nut and problem solved.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I had a Ryobi hedge trimmer that died in about 18 months. I called Ryobi and they said I'd have to go though an authorized vendor or repair shop. Nearest shop was 30 miles away. I called them back and said I wanted to work with them directly. They basically blew me off. My next hedge trimmer wasn't a Ryobi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I had a Ryobi hedge trimmer that died in about 18 months. I called Ryobi and they said I'd have to go though an authorized vendor or repair shop. Nearest shop was 30 miles away. I called them back and said I wanted to work with them directly. They basically blew me off. My next hedge trimmer wasn't a Ryobi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

i am familiar with your experience, when my iPhone broke, apple ask me to go direct to at&t to repair or warranty it. when i ask to send my iphone direct to apple for new replacement, they said no.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
So will you still purchase an iPhone in the future.

i am familiar with your experience, when my iPhone broke, apple ask me to go direct to at&t to repair or warranty it. when i ask to send my iphone direct to apple for new replacement, they said no.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thats funny cause AT&T does not fix phones anymore. Any warranty exchange for iPhones should be done at Apple.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Thats funny cause AT&T does not fix phones anymore. Any warranty exchange for iPhones should be done at Apple.
whats even funnier is that i just wrote my experience with iphone warranty issue, never mention it when did this occur.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The reason the coilovers squeak is moisture and metal to metal contact. If you put a preload on the coilovers it actually makes the squeak worse ( I know, I learned the hard way). Best thing to do is lubricate the top and bottom of the spring with something that will last through rain storms and car washes...like grease. Problem is grease attracts debris...so make that decision on your own.

K tuned installs a gasket where the spring contacts the perch to prevent any noise. I've thought about making some for my coilovers but they only squeak through a few speed bumps after I drive the car through a florida storm.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
whats even funnier is that i just wrote my experience with iphone warranty issue, never mention it when did this occur.
Still doesn't matter when it occurred. If its a service issue then they will fix it. If it's the phone you go through apple.

but back on topic, yes many manufacturers do this. You get screwed over and it won't be the last time, its a part of life dealing with these companies that don't want to be responsible for their products failing. But I believe most of the time it's the consumer that is wrong.

261 - 280 of 291 Posts