9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running these pulley's? There's alot of controversy over swapping the stock pulley to aftermarket. What's everyone's opinion on this mod and if it's worth the $300

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Team3d has it on his car. Apparently it's a no tune plug and play sort of upgrade

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
You need the right tools to pull the pulleys off.And yea talk with Team3d.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: pjdublada858

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Stock crank pulley comes with damper inside to absorb vibrations. After pulley does not and will slowly destroy your engine. If it's not a race motor keep factory pulleys. Well crank pulley anyway.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Anyone here running these pulley's? There's alot of controversy over swapping the stock pulley to aftermarket. What's everyone's opinion on this mod and if it's worth the $300
if your paying $300, your getting rip off....

the best way is to install the pulley & feel it for yourself...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bringing back an old thread but, I have always wondered. Do lightweight pulleys add any power or just "release" extra power/potential from the engine? I have seen they do make a difference in trap speeds and quarter miles so all I can assume is that they do something good lol I just don't know what.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bringing back an old thread but, I have always wondered. Do lightweight pulleys add any power or just "release" extra power/potential from the engine? I have seen they do make a difference in trap speeds and quarter miles so all I can assume is that they do something good lol I just don't know what.
They certainly don't add power, by reducing their mass I guess the hope is to have more power make it to the ground/make it there faster.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I would never put lightweight pulleys on a car I care about
Its a given the person selling em and pushing em so hard doesn't care about his car.why?because its a lease.
He's one of those that beats a lease to hell.but he calls it a purchase........
Anyways truth is,it does more damage than anything. I wonder why the ecu freaks out if you put on a lightweight flywheel........oh yeah maybe because it was balanced and designed to read within certain tolerances.but since no Cel appears with this IT MUST be safe for the rotating unbalanced mass of the engine?right?riiiiight.........

You couldn't give me one free to rill with.but it would be one badass paperweight.my current paper weight sucks.needs a mod upgrade.needs a lightweight upgrade.lol

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
i'ved used under drive pulley on all my honda since 1997, never have any issue

k series motor are internally balanced, the reason newer car's oem crank pulley sandwich a rubber bushing between the pulley is to reduce steering wheel vibration

this is how stock (2pc) pulley can happen (especially on boosted cars)... you can google it, you will find 100's of these stock crank pulley falls apart

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Its a given the person selling em and pushing em so hard doesn't care about his car.why?because its a lease.
He's one of those that beats a lease to hell.but he calls it a purchase........
Anyways truth is,it does more damage than anything. I wonder why the ecu freaks out if you put on a lightweight flywheel........oh yeah maybe because it was balanced and designed to read within certain tolerances.but since no Cel appears with this IT MUST be safe for the rotating unbalanced mass of the engine?right?riiiiight.........

You couldn't give me one free to rill with.but it would be one badass paperweight.my current paper weight sucks.needs a mod upgrade.needs a lightweight upgrade.lol
With all due respect, you might want to dive into the reason why you will throw a CEL with a super lightweight flywheel. There are lightweight flywheels that don't throw a CEL.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts