9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just made an account to get more into the car scene. Got a '12 si with about 60k. The list of things I wanna do is

Hondata flash
K&N typhoon intake (cheap from a friend)
Full race downpipe
Q300 exhaust.

That's the gist of it. I wanna play with it without boosting it. If anyone's got any comments I'd love to talk about it.
Also in the phoenix area and down to go to meets

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'd invest in some suspension parts too (rear sway bar, coils, etc). Rear and top motor mount helped alot too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd invest in some suspension parts too (rear sway bar, coils, etc). Rear and top motor mount helped alot too.
In the future I planned on getting coilovers also, maybe some brake upgrade. I don't know if it's big deal but I'll look into strut bars too

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
In the future I planned on getting coilovers also, maybe some brake upgrade. I don't know if it's big deal but I'll look into strut bars too
Sirimoto makes a trunk brace that I really like, the front strut bars help a little bit, but make regular maintanence a pain in the ass. Ditch that K&N intake and get some either totally sealed or outside the bay. The open short ram intakes on these cars perform worse than the stock set up. Like others have said you will need a rear motor mount when you get that downpipe. Also keep in mind that the Q300 sits crazy low and drags across everything with a moderate drop.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,086 Posts
The Tanabe Strut tower bar detaches from the strut mounts so you can remove the bar but leave the strut mounts in place. Super handy if you need to do maintenance that involves getting under the bar. That was one of the reasons I chose that bar also the red looks nice too lol.

Yeah the Q300 midpipe sits very low my drop is only around one inch and I've had many minor scrapes over the years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the Q300 midpipe sits very low my drop is only around one inch and I've had many minor scrapes over the years.
Didn't know how low it sit. Might be an issue because it is my daily and going to work requires me going over speedbumps every day. Just read it has a clean and quieter sound. Any other recommendations for that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts