61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Reactions: NSWDoc

·
Banned
2,667 Posts
Don't buy anything from anyone unless you use paypal. The OP of this thread only has himself to blame for being so reckless

Reactions: NSWDoc

·
Registered
429 Posts
Don't buy anything from anyone unless you use paypal. The OP of this thread only has himself to blame for being so reckless
I don't know about ONLY himself to blame. That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Definitely avoidable, though.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
72 Posts
urg i wish i would see this kid in person i would break his flacking jaw in half!!!! fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. im the dumb dumb for falling for his scam but damn im a nice person and try to understand ppl. he got me for 500$!!! i wish there was something i could do. but i don't think there is i paid him via money gram :(. he gave me some sad story about his life being ****** up and his car getting impounded. and i felt bad so i gave him a second chance. lesson learned tho. this was over a year ago. it set me back from lowering my car that long. i calked it up as a loss and moved on. nothing you can do. i was the dumb dumb.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have never dealt with a scammer on here but i have dealt with plenty of scammers on craigslist. None have ever fooled me but, its a touchy situation. Here are things I would look out for when purchasing or selling to a person:

1. Money Orders.....NOOOOO!!!. So many time a "buyer" will say send me a money order for $XXX amount then I will send you the complete amount plus interest/shipping/handling for said item.

2. When you say local pick-up only, but the person insist on you shipping the item. I have had a guy be very persistant with me shipping him a set of wheels. He said I had the wheels for $500 cash local pick up. He told me send me a money order in the next 30 minutes for $200 and he will send $700 to my paypal (he claimed the $200 was a handlers fee).

3. When selling, the "buyer" may harass you will multiple emails or text, asking where is said money order. Or might make a sob story stating, I already sent you the $700 to your paypal and I can't get my money back.

4. The "buyer" may be persistent and say he will get the authorities if you do not send a money order within the 30 minutes.

5. Multiple numbers or names is a red flag. I have the same "buyer" contact me from a single email but, three names were tagged to it. I also had the same buyer text me from two different phone numbers claiming his/her cell died.

These are just things i have noticed being a private seller on CL. This may not be the case here, but, the knowledge is universal to all buying/selling situations.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Truck? What truck?!
28,017 Posts
Good post, K2. Most of your examples fit into what is now known as the Nigerian Money Order scam.

Basically, if it looks fishy, it is.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Beware of memeber "xx Azn Xx" dude sold my boy a fake pair of uae headlights when the kid stated on his post that they were original and that they came wih the PNP harness and turns out that the harness is actually not pnp. My friend tried to meet up with him so he could return the money but the kid has now disappeared. Smh

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
Beware of memeber "xx Azn Xx" dude sold my boy a fake pair of uae headlights when the kid stated on his post that they were original and that they came wih the PNP harness and turns out that the harness is actually not pnp. My friend tried to meet up with him so he could return the money but the kid has now disappeared. Smh
I'm not taking anyone's side, but I do have a few points/questions.

The member's thread said that the headlamps were "not retro fitted, they are the original ones". Did your friend verify that they were OEM Honda, or just assume that they were?

Was the harness in the pictures not the harness your friend received? The harnesses aren't always self-explanatory and you might have to compare parts to see what goes where.

Your friend wanted to meet up with the seller in person so the seller could refund your friend's money? Did your friend meet with the seller in person when he/she bought the headlamps? If so, did your friend not inspect them first before handing over a bunch of money?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
beware of baby_blue_6_4 selling knockoff parts on his IG as authentic. He is basically buying this crap on eBay and then turning around, selling it for profit. Do NOT buy anything from him, please go to an authorized distributor to ensure the stuff you buy is authentic. And if you want fake Chinese knockoff garbage, just go on eBay, you will buy it cheaper than he sells it for.

Ball Games Ball
Text Font Line Screenshot

·
I Need A Vacation
14,611 Posts
Did the seller state or say they were authentic? If they did than that suck's but if not than the buyer should know better or do some more homework.

beware of baby_blue_6_4 selling knockoff parts on his IG as authentic. He is basically buying this crap on eBay and then turning around, selling it for profit. Do NOT buy anything from him, please go to an authorized distributor to ensure the stuff you buy is authentic. And if you want fake Chinese knockoff garbage, just go on eBay, you will buy it cheaper than he sells it for.

View attachment 451089 View attachment 451097

·
Registered
687 Posts
He says they are authentic and passes them off as such. Just giving everyone a heads up. He has done this with several other parts.
Excuse me, I did state BOTH, the colored ones are reps so get off my ass. Why do you have such a freaking problem with me? Stop being a douche. If people want to buy stuff that they can't find then let them. I don't say shit about your purchases. Everyone has their own taste.

And for the record nice way to crop the pic.... for those that want to see the FULL page with the comment then some cell phone screen shot (since he can't leave a comment after being blocked) :D it's here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkGc6mFzAK/?taken-by=baby_blue_6_4

And man this guy sure is unhappy with his purchase from me.....
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/build-section/18838-mdk24s-2013-fb6-build-4.html#post3384649

Grow up and I'm not selling stuff here so stop trying to drag me down, go find something else better to do you bully.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Text Font Screenshot Line Technology

Shocker, you removed it, that url is from the link YOU posted, my guess is somebody that you didn't block yet called your dumbasss out. Just stop passing stuff off as real when you know its fake, you know you do it, I know you do it, and several others know you do it. Just stop it. You wanna be a poser with fake nick nacky crap on your car thats your business, stop trying to be ambiguous and stop trying to sell fake parts as real.

·
Registered
687 Posts
View attachment 451129

Shocker, you removed it, that url is from the link YOU posted, my guess is somebody that you didn't block yet called your dumbasss out. Just stop passing stuff off as real when you know its fake, you know you do it, I know you do it, and several others know you do it. Just stop it. You wanna be a poser with fake nick nacky crap on your car thats your business, stop trying to be ambiguous and stop trying to sell fake parts as real.
You do know that it's unavailable to you and only you right? You are prob logged into your account and well IG seems to be smarter then you.... you are blocked....

so for just for you here ya go... notice the URL is the same.... ass.

ps. you have also made my ignore list here.... congrats you are the 1st and only person to be such an ass to make that list.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive done plenty of business with @baby_blue_6_4 so I will take the time out of my day to let you guys know about my experience. First and foremost if I ever had a question about an item @baby_blue_6_4 was very clear in telling me this is not an original item or this is an original item. Shipping has always been quick, and the overall experience was awesome. I would gladly do business with him again and Id even recommend him to others. Heck I got a package from him this week. If you DM him and ask "hey is this an original item (OEM)?" Im certain that he isnt going to lie. Anyways, that just my two cents.

·
Truck? What truck?!
28,017 Posts
The IG ad clearly states that 'both' - authentic and reps - are available.

False claim by the plaintiff.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts