9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Buying a 2012 civic si next friday

11K views 73 replies 30 participants last post by  lamzoq 
#1 ·
Hello all!
I am new to these forums but I just have a few quick questions. I will be buying a 2012 4 door civic si next Friday and I wanna know what mods are recommended. I was thinking maybe a ecu flash a exhaust and a turbo kit and possibily H.I.D's. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

#8 ·
Wow - that is a super low price for a brand new Si - almost to low to be true. That's almost $5k below MSRP. If that's a legit price, get it NOW!!! Also, great job on finding a 4 dr. I just bought mine here in CT. The dealer couldn't find any 4-dr within a 6-state radius, so that's why i got a coupe instead.

#5 ·
How about a CAI or SRI while you're waiting on the turbo kit? A spring kit? Or my fav, forged, lightweight wheels & some BFG KDW2s.

#6 ·
Grab it. The 13 is nothing special if you're getting the coupe. Sedan has a lot of changes on the exterior so you may wanna check it out before you get one.

#20 ·
I ABSOLUTELY DOUBT that you can get an SI for $17,500!!! If you were quoted that, I don't understand why you haven't already made the purchase!
I see a "I hate dealerships; they're liars!" post in your near future.
Instead of being negative, I'll tell you that $19,4xx is a net net NET NET deal.
good luck with that.

#22 ·
Considering that I'm in the market for a car, I hope this isn't true. Perhaps Honda is offering bonus cash and/or dealer incentives? But I do understand why you would say that; the best anecdotal deal I've seen online was $19,000, I believe.

However, that was mentioned months and months ago before Honda's hoopla over "must sell these 2012's before the 2013's roll through". Perhaps others could chime in on what the potential savings are at this juncture for the 2012 model.

#21 ·
Yeah i called today, 19,800 plus an extra 500 for my trde was best i got ..im in MA. Im on the fence between a new 9th si or 8th si....money is a big issue so im steering towards the 8th...(i already own a 9th lx)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#28 ·
Guys, I work at a Honda store in SoCal...that 19,4xx number IS including all the dealer cash and all the chachskies.
I would dare you to get a better deal than that....if you DO get one, BUY IT! Then buy the manager and sales guy lunch, because you'd have to be, either really lucky or a real mooch to beat that.
now keep in mind, A LOT of sales guys/Internet managers will NOT give you all the details of the deal before you walk in there. Some may have a marked up alarm or LoJack system that "has already been installed in the vehicle."
I've already said too much.

#29 ·
Going to the dealer right now to negotiate on a 2012 RR Si sedan...wish me luck!! Ill see if i can get them to install a remote start or at least tints! Lets see what happens.

#33 ·
I have a white sedan si. Love it. I have a full race cat back. Takeda afe on the way. And a rbc set up in progress. Bought mine with 174 miles on it :) now a little over 6k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Digger
#36 ·
Thx! Yeah i think it was a good deal...you can get an even better deal on the coupes... theres only 6 si sedans in 200 miles off massachusetts ... theres like 20 coupe si so im sure negotiating on those is alot easiier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.