9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Buying a Si on long island...

7K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
hope this is the right section.
Well I am currently trying to buy a 2012 si but the dealership said it will take maybe 1-3 months to get the car on special order.

How long did you wait for yours or does anyone know any dealerships in queens or long island that are best?

Thanks!

#3 ·
2 dealerships, 1st one seems a little shady and the 2nd one is good but saying will take maybe 3 months until it will get here once i confirm to buy.

hate to wait so long but might have no choice :\

#4 ·
Call plaza Honda or bay ridge Honda in Brooklyn. Last week both had couple of them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#6 ·
You got it guy no problems. Good luck.

#9 ·
got mine at Atlantic Honda in Bay Shore. I got it last June and they had it ready in two days. They did say that they were tough to get but they are worth a try

Reactions: cjoye214
#10 ·
it took me a while to get my specific color. If you aren't picky with colors, they can be had relatively quickly.

#23 ·
I believe that is incorrect, at least in Texas. I did quite a bit of searching for a white Si nav coupe before finding mine, the majority of the Si's that I could find didn't have nav.

#38 ·
I just got mine a few weeks ago from millennium honda in hempstead! I previously got an 8th gen (?) hybrid from there a couple years back. Aside from the amazing gas mileage I basically hated the car.

I'm SUUUPER happy with my si though :)
I'm leasing, got an AMAZING deal... and will probably buy out at the end.
$239/mo for an Si COUPE??! WOOO

Happy to be a part of the club =] Hi Long Island!

#40 ·
Congrats on the car.

How much did you have to lay out up front to get that monthly payment. I ask because unlike a purchase, if you should somehow lose the car, you are out that money.

With a purchase, you receive the value of the car as determined buy the insurance company. With a lease, the insurance company pays off the car, and you get nothing, so whatever you lay out at the beginning is gone. That's why I do tax and fees only when I lease, and pay a little more a month. I lost an 18 month old 8th gen car in Sandy, and lost my initial outlay, which was higher than what I laid out for my current 9th gen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.