9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Buying HID Lights

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  trung09 
#1 ·
Still new to this forum cause I just bought my 2012 taffeta white civic lx coupe last week, so sorry if this might be a repost. I wanna buy some HID lights, but idk what color looks best and its sorta hard to tell from the videos. I want something that still looks clean with the white, I was thinking 6000k-12000k can-bus but I'm not sure which color I want. Opinions? Thanks

Also - I have to buy 2 sets, high beams and low beams right?
this is the website I'm using: Honda Civic HID Kits Honda Civic Xenon Lights Honda Civic HIDs headlights Conversions Honda Civic bulbs

#2 ·
I use 4300k, it's the OEM HID color. 5000k is white, 6000k+ is progressively bluer and then you'll get into stuff like green and pink. The range of 4300k-6000k is reasonable, it allows for good light emitted, but beyond about 4500-5200 (I'm not 100% on the exact number) you start sacrificing light for color. 4300k is accepted as being the brightest. Also it is suggested that you not use HIDs for high beams.

There are many threads with this topic, a quick search will answer all of your questions and some you probably even thought of. Goodluck!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
i gotten 6000k volt kid
looks pretty nice diamond white with a very lil hint of blue
and dont use hid's for high beams just lows and fogs if u want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.