9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2013 LX which likely needs its cabin air filter replaced. I am allergic to...the outdoors. Do they make HEPA filters for cars? What about the charcoal ones? Any other allergy-sufferers here use those? This is the first car I've had that has cabin filters so I'm new to this. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I have a Fram with charcoal and baking soda in it. No, it doesn't help my allergies.

Reactions: 79537

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
One guy on the 8th had a younf child with compromised immunity (? cancer or otherwise) and he bought high quality fish tank charcoal and covered the top of his filter. No I don't know about dust from the charcoal but it hurt my heart to read a bit.

If you keep your car on interior recirculation (the emblem paired with the maximum A/C) then you are not taking on as much or any outside air.

I drive back country roads and when the spread the **** wagons on the fields........Recirc!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2013 LX which likely needs its cabin air filter replaced. I am allergic to...the outdoors. Do they make HEPA filters for cars? What about the charcoal ones? Any other allergy-sufferers here use those? This is the first car I've had that has cabin filters so I'm new to this. Thanks in advance for any advice!
I'm not sure if one is really better than the other but I use WIX cabin filters. Here is some info.

WIX Filters - Light Duty Cabin Air Filters - Products Information

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
snip
If you keep your car on interior recirculation (the emblem paired with the maximum A/C) then you are not taking on as much or any outside air.
snip
Even on Rec there is still fresh air that enters the but it's at least 10%, maybe more.cabin, it's a FMVSS requirement.
I don't remember the exact percentage but it's around 10%, maybe more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts