9th Gen Civic Forum banner
59K views 296 replies 122 participants last post by  alluneedisluv22 
#1 ·
So does anyone know if a good cold air intake has been produced yet for the 9th gen? I'm hoping for a good K&N, also I know those automatic car washes are bad for them, is there anyway around that short of pull out your CAI?

#3 ·
As much as I've looked into it, I don't think an SRI is right for my car, thanks though, I think I'll just have to avoid those automatic washes

#7 ·
I don't think the issue is the filter as you can pretty much attach almost any filter. I think the issue is the bends on the piping to make it fit.

#9 ·
i have been looking every where for anybody that has anything for the 9th gen but no luck any where. have even called a few places to see if there is anything in the works and everyone said not as far as they know. but if i do find anything (cai exhaust suspension) i will post asap. and i tried a cai from a 8th gen and didnt work :(

#15 ·
What kind of 8th gen cai did you try? Also where are the spots on the intake that didn't work? elbow? the bends on the piping?

#10 ·
at least you tried, keep us updated!

#16 ·
yeah i agree with JDM, it will be a few months minimum......remember they came out a month ago and they are stil hard to come by. which means these companies are having just as hard of a time getting their hands on these for the R&D to produce parts. it will be a few months at least....

#17 ·
Oh yeah, and remember, even if the the sri or cai are out, it may even take alot longer for Injen and AEM due to trying to get them CARB Approved.

#19 ·
theoretically couldn't you just make your own?

#21 ·
well I meant can you take stock parts throw in pipes and a new filter and just reroute it? I'm new to this and all and am probably wrong, but isn't that all a cold air intake is?

#22 · (Edited)
Yes, you are right. A intake regardless if it is a sri or cai is just a pipe with different bends and a filter at the end. You can buy alot of cheap stuff and make your own cai. That is what my brother did to his 2.5 rs back then. He bought some flexible tube, bend it a bit and add a filter at the end and strap it down with fasteners. Ghetto and it works but the only problems is the velocity.

#23 ·
then why is it so hard for companys to produce a kit?

#25 · (Edited)
There's rules and regulations. And if knowing 2 of the most biggest top brand (Injen & AEM), they most likey have it already built, just that they are heading towards getting their products CARB Legal.

#27 ·
do you mean k & N?

#29 ·
I spoke with someone recently @ K&N and he said that they don't have a bolt on CAI or RAI for the '12's as of yet.

The Filters will get inital release then the bolt on kits will follow.

He was unsure of the release dates...

Oil Filter will follow as well.

This was about a week ago

#31 ·
I'm a Injen dude but it's going to be a long time before it come out.

#35 ·
Well it may be sooner than you think. Injen is using my honda as a model to build a mock up air intake for the new 2012 Civics. Not to mention I get mine for free and one of the first ones made for the new Civics.:woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.