9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some research, apparently theres a few claims that there is a rear camber kit available for the 2012 SI? Such as 2012 Honda Civic Camber Kit

Just wondering if there is any info on this? I haven't found anything else, and I do plan on dropping my car sooner or later, stock height is not for me

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Eibach can keep their camber kit for those prices. Wow what a freakin ripoff lol

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
As far as I can tell, the 06-11 Civic Rear Camber Kits & Rear Sway Bars will bolt right up to the 12+ Civics
you know, it's been said too many times that it may fit but it would be great if someone can really show us that they really do fit with pictures.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do I Need A Camber Kit When I Lower My Car

Hi i was woundering if i needed a camber kit if i lower my car i dont want crappy tire wear

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
depends how low you gonna go.
if more then 2 or 2.50 i think thats when u need a camber kit if not pass 2 inches i think a alignment would just do it

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If you lower your car, at all, invest in a camber kit. From my research, a lot of 8th gen civic's camber kits fit the 9th gens. You basically are down to two choices: Spend the extra money, get a camber kit, and get it installed and aligned; or, don't and watch your tires go balled in a few months (happened to me) and risk your life cause you could blow your tires up. Your choice. This is coming from 8 years of experience lowering several cars, as well as my friend who is a Honda certified mechanic and we both drive modded SI's.

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you lower your car, at all, invest in a camber kit. From my research, a lot of 8th gen civic's camber kits fit the 9th gens. You basically are down to two choices: Spend the extra money, get a camber kit, and get it installed and aligned; or, don't and watch your tires go balled in a few months (happened to me) and risk your life cause you could blow your tires up. Your choice. This is coming from 8 years of experience lowering several cars, as well as my friend who is a Honda certified mechanic and we both drive modded SI's.
so basically...even if one happened to get say, eibach pro line springs, which are projected as only a 1.2 inch drop, you should still get a camber kit? i was never aware that you needed one no matter what.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i've also heard if under a 2 inch drop you shouldn't need a camber kit

·
2,264 Posts
i think only time camber kit is necessarily if your going with a drop more then 2 inches.. camber kit to me is only used if your too low and u need to camber your wheels so your tires wont rub or wat so ever. alot of people get camber to to camber the wheels for no reason just to get that hellaflush look.. but it also depends to for me also on your wheels size and offset

·
2,264 Posts
well since our 9th gen suspension is similar to 8th gen.. i seen and hear that 8th gen civic when lwer more then 1.3 camber kit is recommended.. so maybe we do im guessin yess

·
Registered
717 Posts
normally you wont need a camber kit unless your lower than 2inch. but some people that are not low as 2 inch still get the camber wear.

you have to get a alignment though, toe wears out your tires more than camber does. Basically it just depends on how much camber you have.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The way ive always done it is simply if ur going lower then 2 inchs then ya for sure but any drop thats not crazy low youll be fine. Just get an alignment after they settle an thats it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
in the back only...no way you need one on the front..I got some camber issues in the rear only....gotta confirm 8th gen camber kit if it fits the 9th

1 - 20 of 307 Posts