9th Gen Civic Forum banner

281 - 300 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ended up buying the ones i posted for 250 shipped, its a set of two, looks to be the right ones by pr# and good feedback.. seems like a good deal to me! Gonna slap on a pro kit next payday with the arms.. you guys reccommend an alignment in 2 weeks, but how about after 'x' miles/km for alignment? I make a 500km one way trip every 3 weeks for work.. if i install them before i leave to head back home would i be good for an alignment or should i wait the two weeks regardless of km? Id like to only have to get it aligned once and not kill tires

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought those SPC arms as well. I should have waited to lower my sedan first to see what the "natural" camber would have been.<br><br>I lowered my car on BC coils only to the tops of the tires all around. Went for alignment and my rear camber was at -2 degrees. I was okay with that.<br><br>I read that they fit 8th gens, so maybe my brother will use them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Ended up buying the ones i posted for 250 shipped, its a set of two, looks to be the right ones by pr# and good feedback.. seems like a good deal to me! Gonna slap on a pro kit next payday with the arms.. you guys reccommend an alignment in 2 weeks, but how about after 'x' miles/km for alignment? I make a 500km one way trip every 3 weeks for work.. if i install them before i leave to head back home would i be good for an alignment or should i wait the two weeks regardless of km? Id like to only have to get it aligned once and not kill tires
There is no standard wait time or X km driven to get an alignment, if you can put then on when you do the springs then put them on and get an alignment as soon as possible. Not getting an alignment can kill your tires if driven too long like that, if you have to wait then just don't drive a whole lot with it not done. It may look cool with your tires sitting at a negative camber angle but it is not beneficial at all for your tires to be driven like that.

Reactions: teamrubixcube

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a really dumb question, but do I really need a camber kit if I'm lowering my car? i've heard/read a lot about this on older civic forums and current generation owners saying that you don't really need one, but it's always good to have. Idk if the 9th has a "stock adjuster" in the rear which is what all my friends keep telling me about. And yes I know it somewhat depends on how low I plan on lowering it

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would say yeah. I am lowered on HFP suspension and the rears are out of spec, the inside of the tires were much worse than the rest when I got them replaced today(due to a nail) and those are only a mild drop (around 1.2 inches). I will be picking up my rear camber arms here soon https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-521-872-Control-Arm/dp/B00GJ1OP00 to keep these rolling as long as possible. The camber arms listed above are just rebranded SPC rear camber arms at a 1/3 of the cost for a quality part! The fronts were still in spec though so I guess front camber bolts are questionable

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would say yeah. I am lowered on HFP suspension and the rears are out of spec, the inside of the tires were much worse than the rest when I got them replaced today(due to a nail) and those are only a mild drop (around 1.2 inches). I will be picking up my rear camber arms here soon https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-521-872-Control-Arm/dp/B00GJ1OP00 to keep these rolling as long as possible. The camber arms listed above are just rebranded SPC rear camber arms at a 1/3 of the cost for a quality part! The fronts were still in spec though so I guess front camber bolts are questionable
I have the HFP suspension as well. What do you mean by out of spec? Are you saying your rear tires are larger than they should be? I have zero problems with my tires and HFP. I swap out my tires every winter for my winter rubber and do not notice any wear problems at all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the HFP suspension as well. What do you mean by out of spec? Are you saying your rear tires are larger than they should be? I have zero problems with my tires and HFP. I swap out my tires every winter for my winter rubber and do not notice any wear problems at all.
Noo, they were the stock michelin's. I have to admit I wasm't on point with my tire rotations so that was most likely the main factor lol. I think they were out of spec like -1 degree over stock(can't really remember)

The amazon link u posted, is that specifically for our 9th gen civic or universal?
They are made for the 8th but they fit the 9th, after doing some research here on the forums I found a thread and many members have them and are pleased. If you buy the SPC from SPC they are around $300 for a set so the Dorman (that literally have the SPC stamp on them) for $100 for the set is a steal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Noo, they were the stock michelin's. I have to admit I wasm't on point with my tire rotations so that was most likely the main factor lol. I think they were out of spec like -1 degree over stock(can't really remember)

They are made for the 8th but they fit the 9th, after doing some research here on the forums I found a thread and many members have them and are pleased. If you buy the SPC from SPC they are around $300 for a set so the Dorman (that literally have the SPC stamp on them) for $100 for the set is a steal!
Please link me to the thread you read, it would help with my decision on those, Thanks man!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
This is a really dumb question, but do I really need a camber kit if I'm lowering my car? i've heard/read a lot about this on older civic forums and current generation owners saying that you don't really need one, but it's always good to have. Idk if the 9th has a "stock adjuster" in the rear which is what all my friends keep telling me about. And yes I know it somewhat depends on how low I plan on lowering it
I know this is an older post, but think of it this way...spend like $200 one time and get excellent tread wear or keep your negative camber and shell out $300 for a pair of tires every 25-30k miles instead of every 50-60k miles. They will pay for themselves.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I know this is an older post, but think of it this way...spend like $200 one time and get excellent tread wear or keep your negative camber and shell out $300 for a pair of tires every 25-30k miles instead of every 50-60k miles. They will pay for themselves.
This, i always laugh when people claim to lower their car for performance reasons and then leave the ****** rear camber. So much for performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I bought Godspeed Rear Camber arms for the rear but I need more front camber for my wheels to fit if i do go lower ( which im planning on doing ) I'm currently just using the camber adjustment on the top mounts of the coilovers, that's what the alignment shop told me. I've been searching on Heeltoe auto, Hardmotion, Procivic, but i can't really find front Camber arms for our civics except the ingalls camber Bolts. does anyone know if there's front camber arms for the 9th or if the Ingalls Camber Bolts work well?

281 - 300 of 307 Posts