9th Gen Civic Forum banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea just in the front to fit the tires flush with the fender when i lower the front more. im running 17x9 +38 with 235/40

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys - im dropped on tein coilovers and recently put some av20's on my baby. I'm not wanting to go cambered but in order to get my alignment good I need some rear kits. Any suggestions on rear camber kits without spending too much?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I know this thread is a bit old, but I've got a quick question that I can't seem to find direct answers to. Just looking to get a few things cleared up about camber kits. Hopefully people still check this thread and can give some answers. So from my understanding, camber kits are used to adjust camber- sometimes to add and sometimes to reduce. Some time shortly down the road, I'm looking to add some negative camber. Nothing crazy, just a tasteful amount. So I believe i need camber arms for the rear and camber bolts for the front, is that correct? Also, from my understanding, the most important thing to look at to prevent uneven tire wear is toe, right? I've been looking for quite some time, and I know they are simple questions, but I just want simple answers haha. Thanks

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Hey Z4CHM, you're right about the possible uses of camber kits, but in practice, most guys who install and use camber kits do so because they've lowered their cars on aftermarket springs or coil-overs, and this lowering induces some degree of negative camber. The lower the drop, typically the more negative camber is induced. In order to avoid tire wear issues, guys who've lowered their cars will add the camber kits to dial out the induced negative camber that came with lowering. When you say you're looking to add negative camber, do you mean you would like to add some in the absence of lowering your car / reducing the ride height? I ask because if you will lower, or are already lowered, it's possible you won't need to add in any additional negative camber. Instead, you'll probably be looking to dial some negative camber out. To answer your other question about tire wear, both toe and camber can lead to uneven tire wear. A small amount of negative camber won't typically do too much damage. I never dialed out the negative camber I had from my drop, but I was using the fairly conservative Eibach Pro Kit springs. My tires never wore too unevenly as a result. However, had I say, gone for the Sport Lines with their more aggressive drop, I might have had more issues with uneven wear and ultimately needed rear camber arms. I believe the negative camber induced in the rear was more significant than in the front. I just had a look at the Eibach site and this appears to be true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome, thanks for your answer! In regard to lowering and negative camber, I will be looking to lower my car a good amount on coilovers. Not slammed, but definitely more than what lowering springs would do. And as for camber, I'm just thinking if I ever want to go really low, I know i might need some negative camber for the wheels to fit (maybe an unpopular opinion, but i think a bit of camber can look pretty good too).

301 - 307 of 307 Posts