9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i live in upstate ny and have my down stream? 02 sensor turned off. Whatever one is turned off to remove check engine light with a catless dp

anyone know why my monitors won’t run? Is it cause i have to one o2 sensor disabled in hondata? I do NOT want to go to the extent of removing my turbo/downpipe just to pass a damn inspection

Evap, 02 and one other one are not running no matter how much i drive it

If there’s something i can do to get these monitors to run that would be awesome

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had luck with one of those 02 "spacers", I never had to turn off the 2nd O2 sensor with it. It seems results vary with those, mine was a 90 degree one.
My car has the same monitors not ready now. I assume the 02 sensor turned off causes the others to show "not ready", but I can't confirm as true.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
This is going to be a tough one...

The obd readiness will not complete with any emission sensors disabled, in this case the secondary o2. You shouldn't necessarily need to remove parts but you need a map that has the sensor turned on. The problem there though is that if you just re-enable the o2, you will throw a CEL. You are catless right? That will be the biggest hurdle, even trying a defouler will likely still pop the CEL.
Some have had to go back to stock downpipe (not really possible for you). So you may need to get creative. Try a defouler first since it's cheap, then maybe consider a catted downpipe? Or worst case, go back to na temporarily...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is going to be a tough one...

The obd readiness will not complete with any emission sensors disabled, in this case the secondary o2. You shouldn't necessarily need to remove parts but you need a map that has the sensor turned on. The problem there though is that if you just re-enable the o2, you will throw a CEL. You are catless right? That will be the biggest hurdle, even trying a defouler will likely still pop the CEL.
Some have had to go back to stock downpipe (not really possible for you). So you may need to get creative. Try a defouler first since it's cheap, then maybe consider a catted downpipe? Or worst case, go back to na temporarily...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Well i guess i will try the defouler then.. i really really don’t want to return to stock or even spend the money on a catted dp JUST for nys inspection.... very very irritating

i have been told if someone has the balls to they can inspect another 9th gen that passes and put the sticker on my car

but as we all know... that’s illegal.. chances of getting caught are low but not zero

Thanks for the responses guys

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks like Amazon has some defoulers with a catalyst built in. Of course its all called "oxygen sensor spacer". Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like Amazon has some defoulers with a catalyst built in. Of course its all called "oxygen sensor spacer". Let us know how it goes.
Will do, going to wait till Monday to see what my tuner says about it. If he can’t make something work I’ll get the defouler

·
I Need A Vacation
13,882 Posts
i have been told if someone has the balls to they can inspect another 9th gen that passes and put the sticker on my car
That's called fraud a very serious crime in many countries and not a character trait you want to be known for.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Let's see shall we,the honda ecu is coded to check all emissions monitors for readiness.....some are needed to allow others to do their job..... turning said monitors off.......well. Yeah you should get the picture.
It's an emissions check so chances are I'm willing to bet 99.99999999 percent the computer will check for a clear signal from emissions monitors on the car. This is the reason some states no longer do a sniffer/dyno emissions test. They let the car emissions give the computer a clear signal..... having them off or disabled.....well it's kinda like opening your gas lid , putting the gas nozzle in .....and not actually putting gas in.........you're gas needle isn't going to say you filled the tank up if you didn't put gas in it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
maybe try the defouler first. If that doesn't work, maybe a get with all the codes on but have it tuned to where it won't throw any lean/rich codes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe try the defouler first. If that doesn't work, maybe a get with all the codes on but have it tuned to where it won't throw any lean/rich codes.
Tuner said i should be able to pass on this new revision, just waiting for a nice day to take it to work and try again.. defouler will be the next thing i try if it doesn’t work

·
Registered
729 Posts
Tuner said i should be able to pass on this new revision, just waiting for a nice day to take it to work and try again.. defouler will be the next thing i try if it doesn’t work
sweet........ keep us updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts