9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Civic Si Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I’m going from 1st to 2nd at around 5500 rpms+ 2nd gear is locked out, no grinding or anything just can’t go into it until rpms drop. Also my clutches bite point seems really low. and sometimes it makes a pretty noticeable squeaky noise and sometimes it doesn’t. 2013 civic si with 90k miles just got it about 2 months ago and it’s had these problems since I got it. Help😭

·
Photoshop Masta
3,120 Posts
You didn't test drive the car?

I would check the fluid levels. I had a squeaky clutch peddle a few months ago, a little WD40 took care of it.

·
Registered
2013 Civic Si Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You didn't test drive the car?

I would check the fluid levels. I had a squeaky clutch peddle a few months ago, a little WD40 took care of it.
My dad did and I guess he didn’t catch it or drive it hard enough to catch it. Like I said it’s only NOT going into 2nd at high rpms. Fluids are fine. Any other ideas? might try a clutch adjustment and might check the cables and bushings.

·
Photoshop Masta
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the same issues. I'm willing to bet motor mounts could be the blame and it couldn't hurt to change the tyranny fluid.
I had the same problem coming down to 3rd from high 4th and found my rear mount was shot. Replacing it helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts