9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In my case one I have two sensors. One is the city brake and I’m not sure what is the other one..

by the way, did you needed to replace the right stalk for the rain sensor to work? Or the Int mode as operating as auto?

View attachment 493619 View attachment 493620
Good question. I don't know the European 9th gen well enough, but if I had to guess, I'd say lane departure warning.

The INT mode does operate as auto. However, the lowest two positions on the delay wheel do nothing when the rain sensor is connected (the wipers do not run). So I opted to get a stalk with the five "auto" positions.

By the way, I am wrong about the pink wire. Actually, on mine, "AUTO" is the default position when the stalk is disconnected (i.e. it doesn't have its own wire), so you should have it already.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok I see.
Here the sedan version of the civic 9th gen already have the rain sensor by default. I wonder where exactly it sits. Probably in the black plastic in the middle top of the windshield. The sedan version doesn’t have the city brake sensor so it probably sits instead.

so you can’t operate the wipers manually at all right now? Which stalk are you going to put instead? What is the 5 auto positions?

thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Ok I see.
Here the sedan version of the civic 9th gen already have the rain sensor by default. I wonder where exactly it sits. Probably in the black plastic in the middle top of the windshield. The sedan version doesn’t have the city brake sensor so it probably sits instead.

so you can’t operate the wipers manually at all right now? Which stalk are you going to put instead? What is the 5 auto positions?

thanks.
Interesting. The 9th gen wasn't available with the rain sensor over here so I've got a feature that no one else in the US has!

The wipers can be operated manually in LO, HI, and MIST modes. They just won't run with the intermittent delay. Currently, I have a wiper stalk with "AUTO" instead of "INT," from a 10th gen Civic (which was available with a rain sensor here).

The new stalk's ring has five positions for five levels of sensitivity. The old stalk had seven, for seven delay periods, the lowest two of which don't work with the sensor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It’s nice to have an improve car 😉
I didn’t even know that the Int speed can be adjusted 😅
I thought it has one speed.

well when you finish and get the final result that you wanted please update here and I’ll be very happy if you will also make a summarize video 😁

I will update about the auto lights when the stalk will arrive.Probably going to take about a month..

about the fog stalk with the mirrorlane I didn’t get any answer yet but if I’ll find something I’ll let you know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Don't I know it! My goal: a Civic that feels like an Acura TLX.

I definitely will!

You can test the auto light functionality if you have a CAN sniffer. Unplug the turn signal stalk. Connect your sniffer and send a message with ID 0EF87374, length 2, data D8 00, period 300msec (baud rate 125kbit/sec). If the lights turn on, you're good. Change the data to 00 00, they should turn off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don’t know what is a can sniffer but can you send me a link? I guess it’s something that you plug to the OBD port?

I also don’t have the option to set my clock anymore since I replaced the Honda connect system with an aftermarket head unit.
I wonder if the clock can be set with this sniffer?

update:
I googled it. I see it is something to I need to build by myself I have a raspberry pi and I’ve seen that it can be achieved with it I’ll dig up some more.

update2:
If there is already a device that I can just buy I’ll prefer that so if you have a link for one it will be great :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
So if I want to make a sniffer with raspberry pi then this would do the job right?

Also do you think that I can adjust the clock in the imid with the sniffer or make the option be visible on the imid screen menu because as for now I cannot adjust the car’s clock. I could only when I had the Honda connect head unit through the head unit itself. On the 2012-2013 civic there isn’t an head unit with a screen so the option is visible on the imid screen. Mine is 2015-2016.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So if I want to make a sniffer with raspberry pi then this would do the job right?

Also do you think that I can adjust the clock in the imid with the sniffer or make the option be visible on the imid screen menu because as for now I cannot adjust the car’s clock. I could only when I had the Honda connect head unit through the head unit itself. On the 2012-2013 civic there isn’t an head unit with a screen so the option is visible on the imid screen. Mine is 2015-2016.

Looks like it!

I think that is set through GANET, not CAN. I don't know the message. But I hope to do some experiments with that soon and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
By the way I saw there is something that called Maestro RR/RR2
What is it? Is that a can bus box for aftermarket head units?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
By the way I saw there is something that called Maestro RR/RR2
What is it? Is that a can bus box for aftermarket head units?
Hey, sorry for the delay. That's what it appears to be - I think it can be programmed to be vehicle-specific, so that might be what you need to set your clock. I'll have to do more research when I'm not working on my wiper DIY! 🙃

21 - 33 of 33 Posts