9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Civic Si sedan. If I'm stopped, going up a hill, and I let off the clutch, there is 2 seconds before the car starts to roll backwards. I believe this is called hill assist or something like that. I don't know if any other Civic Si owners are having this problem......Every time I start to drive from a stop, it doesn't matter if I'm on a hill or not, I can hear a rub from what I think is the hill assist disengaging. Can I use some lubricant or WD40 or anything to fix this noise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 66,000 miles on it now. I got new break pads at 45,000 miles. The breaks don't make any noise at all while stopping and the breaking is very smooth. It's only the first second or two as I'm starting to go forward that I hear the rub and then it goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, his sounds a little more harsh, but yes, his sounds like mine.....I thought it was a hill assist issue, but according to the comments on this YouTube video, it may be a clutch issue. Wonder if Honda will fix it with my 100,000 mile Honda warranty?

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
5 Posts
Wonder if Honda will fix it with my 100,000 mile Honda warranty?

Worth a shot... But they may come around and say it is the clutch and wear and tear and not covered. Both of mine are doing it as well, it almost requires very precise clutch handling, I tried once with VSA off but couldn't replicate it exactly, so not sure if it was something to do with that. The poster of the YouTube video claims he upgraded his clutch, and it went away, that is a solution albeit expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's not that big of a deal, nothing worth buying a new clutch over. I only hear it when I don't have the tunes playing. The clutch feels great, and I still love my 6 speed Si! It's weird, because it sounds and feels like a rub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts