9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Can I just buy the MR900 TVS SUPERCHARGER KIT and bolt it on.

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
I am trying to get a kit that is as simple to put on as it gets. I wanna know if there is anything else that I would need with this kit and what kind of power people get out of it. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
Per the merc racing site, it is a direct bolt on for the 9th gen.
Power output is probably in the high 200s depending on pulley size and if you decide to go aftercooled.
You will need a bigger fuel pump, injectors and tuning to run this kit so that's another $1000 or more to factor in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
aftercooler is a must. I have the MercRacing TVS1900 kit. With the aftercooler, my IATs only changed 10 degrees between multiple pulls.

#5 ·
You can run the MR900 without cooling, and have fun - just plan on upgrading in the near future. There's a guy running the 1320 without cooling on the bigger pulley, and he's had some success.

All that being said - I would just install the Aftercooler kit at the same time, but I understand $$ doesn't grow on trees.

#7 ·
Well at some point you'll probably need a new clutch cause power ain't going to do you much good if your clutch is slipping, you'll probably need new wider wheels so you can mount new wider high performance tires so you can put the power to the ground, you'll probably need new brakes so you can stop safely with the added power, you'll definitely need flashpro and a tune to harness the gains, you'll need to upgrade your exhaust if you already haven't done so to maximize the power, you'll need to upgrade your suspension if you already haven't done so.......................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.