9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched, but can't find out exactly how to do this on my 2014 civic. I see the fuel line connecting to the fuel rail, but can't figure out how to unclip it or even if that is the right place to put the pressure tester. Thank you!

·
Registered
925 Posts
The system uses quick disconnect so you would need to find an inline connector to attach the pressure tester to. Not very common in my experience.
I saw your other thread, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. If the car is running normally and not throwing any codes, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Is your fuel consumption abnormally high?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The system uses quick disconnect so you would need to find an inline connector to attach the pressure tester to. Not very common in my experience.
I saw your other thread, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. If the car is running normally and not throwing any codes, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Is your fuel consumption abnormally high?

No, not crazy high. ranges from 33 - 40 mpg depending on traffic. Just seems odd that the oil seems to be going up and smells like gas after the first drive.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes, there are two tabs. Shouldn't be hard. See attached image, first bullet for disconnecting the line.

Do you have the tool @Teeps referred to? If not, don't mess with the fuel lines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, there are two tabs. Shouldn't be hard. See attached image, first bullet for disconnecting the line.

Do you have the tool @Teeps referred to? If not, don't mess with the fuel lines.

Yes I have the tool. Thank you for the screenshot as well. This doesn't appear to be for my car. The layout is different, although I realize the steps are the same. On my car, the fuel rail is on the backside of the motor and the other side of the quick connect in step 1 is impossible to reach by hand. I would love to see a video of someone that is actually able to do it. 1.png 2.png

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ah, didn't realize it was an r18. That image was si.
Have you removed the white line protector? That is a safety lock. You should be able to see the tabs better once that is off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, didn't realize it was an r18. That image was si.
Have you removed the white line protector? That is a safety lock. You should be able to see the tabs better once that is off.

No. The white protector is the issue. There appears to be tabs that needs to be depressed on both sides in order to slide thr white protector to the right. It'll slide abou a quarter inch but then stops. I assume it is stopping when it hits the tab on the back side.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I believe the white clip swivels up and out of the way to expose the green tabs. The white piece is there as a secondary saftey so the line can't be accidentally disconnected. Try pulling up on it vertically, not horizontally.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the white clip swivels up and out of the way to expose the green tabs. The white piece is there as a secondary saftey so the line can't be accidentally disconnected. Try pulling up on it vertically, not horizontally.

I took a look, I don't think the white clip will pivot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts