9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on AMAZON.com

I want ultra white

not tooo bright that other drivers are blinded though.
but nothing too weak either lol

please link me to a good kit on amazon, that has everything I need for installation!!!

I never messed with HIDs before.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
volt hid kit from xenondepot
best i ever owned..
i gotten the 6000k cost me 94.99 free shipping
kbcarstuff.com

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
HIDs without projectors is plain rude to other drivers.
Not true, if you correctly aim the headlights, and use the right voltage (35w), their beam is that of the stock bulbs. Obviously projectors focus the beam in a best case scenario, but just because you have HIDs in a reflector housing it doesn't mean your beam isn't good. It's quality directly related to the ability of the user to properly set it all up, from—as stated—specs to positioning.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
976 Posts
My 4300k cheap ass 35w kit from ebay i got for 30 bucks has never been high beamed from another driver. The stock light housings have a pretty good beam cut-off for non-projector housings. Make sure the kit has a relay harness though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ddm tuning, run in my bike. Ordered a set for the civic. 35watt 6k's

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just want plug - n - play for the bulbs, maybe 6000k (want the blue tint effect), what am i looking at?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I suggest you try the "theretrofitsource.com" i got my morimoto HID elite system for low beam HB4/9006

no projector but looks good on my ride

1st pic with 5000K. And 2nd pic with 4300K. I like both but preferred 4300K as OEM and 5000K as back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I suggest you try the "theretrofitsource.com" i got my morimoto HID elite system for low beam HB4/9006

no projector but looks good on my ride
How was that install? ($160 isn't too bad... if it lasts)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Plug n play...I have my auto on/off feature activated. No flickering...no warm up time, no unusual dash lights and beam focused and been 4 months now...no problem. Awesome and very happy.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tried other brands like blinding hid, and other brands to name a few but efficiency and reliability is incomparable as that of system from the retrofitsource. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Plug n play...I have my auto on/off feature activated. No flickering...no warm up time, no unusual dash lights and beam focused and been 4 months now...no problem. Awesome and very happy.

How long did the install take?
Should be the same process for me on LX right?

The 5000k has that nice blue tint im looking for

·
Registered
833 Posts
How long did the install take?
Should be the same process for me on LX right?

The 5000k has that nice blue tint im looking for
The install is simple. It takes less than an hour. passenger side remove the filler neck for the washer tank and install bulb,pigtail and balast. Driver side i removed the battery and a couple small black plastic shields and got to the bulb easy enough. Wear rubber gloves .filament goes down 6o'clock..no prob

·
Registered
190 Posts
retrosource is the place to buy im guessing?

Which part #?
Last question I'm asking.
For bluish tint for heads, dont really care about the DRL's for now. unless you guys think I should do both at the same time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
retrosource is the place to buy im guessing?

Which part #?
Last question I'm asking.
For bluish tint for heads, dont really care about the DRL's for now. unless you guys think I should do both at the same time.
Morimoto elite hid system with heavy duty relay harness, 9006, 5000K''

1 - 19 of 19 Posts