9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you please help me identify these part names, and possibly the part #'s?

2012 Civic EX Sedan. Interior Color Code G69L (Pale Moss Gray)

Hello. Long story short I had a shoddy stereo and amp install job done on my car today by a car audio place that I wasnt happy with so I uninstalled it all. In the process they damaged a grommet/ part of a wiring harness when they cut it to shove a power wire through. Anyway I pulled all the wiring and the aftermarket deck out and decided to just stay stock with my factory head unit and the 6.5" Kickers I had installed in the front and back. So I am wanting to replace the grommet/ rubber boot piece shown in the pic. I tried to look up the part name and number with no luck. So I am hoping you guys can identify it. Heres a pic. It just behind the fuse box under the dash.

I also need the part name or number of this gray dash piece also. Its the part I outlined in white that is just under the climate controls. I tried to find it in the dash parts, or radio parts but just wasnt sure which one it was. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
That bad that you had to rip at all back out right away? That sucks man. I cant help find your parts but you could check collegehillshondaparts.com.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The grommet appears to be a 25mm. Best to check with a Honda parts person to be 100% sure.

The dash part you have outlined is part of the main instrument panel. It's a $600 part at retail. Since you have a 2012 and haven't listed your interior color code, I can't offer an exact part number.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The grommet appears to be a 25mm. Best to check with a Honda parts person to be 100% sure.

The dash part you have outlined is part of the main instrument panel. It's a $600 part at retail. Since you have a 2012 and haven't listed your interior color code, I can't offer an exact part number.
When I look at the dash part it doesnt seem to be attached to the entire lower dash piece, but I may be wrong. The color code is G69L, pale moss gray. Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Definitely looks like the entire dash lower. Not a cheap part and not an easy job. Same for that grommet. I believe those are attached to the harness before they install it, so you'd probably have to replace the entire thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I decided it was going to be too hard of a job so I just patched up the hole that they made in The Grommet
Definitely looks like the entire dash lower. Not a cheap part and not an easy job. Same for that grommet. I believe those are attached to the harness before they install it, so you'd probably have to replace the entire thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can seal the hole in the grommet with black Permatex silicone. The dash piece is part of the main sub-dash assembly and you would have to replace the entire sub-dash as a unit to fix it, and that will not be cheap or easy to do. You might try repairing the cracked area with epoxy.

Jimmy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I ended up just gorilla gluing the part of the grommet that was torn, then painting it black. And the dash part was never cracked. What it looked like was that they had pried on a few spots where they shouldnt have making marks. But I was able to fix those as well. So Ill chalk this whole thing up to experience, and never go to that place again. The wiring job they did to get my steering wheel controls working was terrible. And they lied to me and said all of my hands free buttons were working with the new deck, and they weren't. Anyway lesson learned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts