9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Light Product Synthetic rubber Black

Dear all,

Does anyone have a video or picture showing how to remove this hat and replace it? i really don't know how to take it off, sorry my english is not so good so i might be wrong.

Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are clips holding the corners in place you probably have to wedge in and pop the retainers out. Not easy to do and hard not to damage anything.
Organ Product Human Organism Font

I found this picture, but I don't know how to open it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have done this when I replaced the stock white mirror caps and base caps with black ones earlier last year. You don't need to take the mirror off if you do not want to, however you may if you find you need more space. You'll just need a flathead screw driver. What you'll do is tilt the mirror up and locate some of the clip/tabs that are holding the mirror cap in place. Next just gently wiggle your flathead back and forth until you loosen the tab. You'll do this for every tab, I think there were four.

Here's the video that I watched in order to do this.

Now the mirror base caps are a slightly different story. I ended up prying on one side with an interior trim removal tool slow and steady. It takes much more force to pop these out, but I can say that the tabs/clips are much more well built for this little base cap than the mirror ones.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts