9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wonder what the best route was bc I hear our cars Ecu won’t allow a high output alternator work any different, setup is a little crazy but basically pulling 3000-4500rms 3 amps ( 10 speakers 6 tweeters 2 subs) with a yellow top and a 6 farad cap which I know isn’t a problem solver as much as it is a bandaid and don’t know if second yellow top is a going to do me much better as I usually only bump when car is running
And suggestions would be great

·
Registered
83 Posts
DCpowerinc makes HO alternators for alot of honda applications you should shoot them an email.

The shitty thing about honda's is the dreaded ELD system that essentially drops the voltage to help save gas, and unless your running a Digital Designs amp if you dip to a low enough voltage your amp will go up in smoke.
I suggest purchasing a digital voltage meter that way you can keep an eye if the voltage gets too low.
Another thing I would do is unplug the ELD sensor, which will keep the voltage at charging 14.4v but the downside is a check engine light will pop up. I have attached a pic for reference.

2013-01-11_14-57-20_113.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also heard about taking the wires from alt out so you can bypass the CANbus is that something anyone has heard of?

·
Registered
122 Posts
DCpowerinc makes HO alternators for alot of honda applications you should shoot them an email.

The shitty thing about honda's is the dreaded ELD system that essentially drops the voltage to help save gas, and unless your running a Digital Designs amp if you dip to a low enough voltage your amp will go up in smoke.
I suggest purchasing a digital voltage meter that way you can keep an eye if the voltage gets too low.
Another thing I would do is unplug the ELD sensor, which will keep the voltage at charging 14.4v but the downside is a check engine light will pop up. I have attached a pic for reference.

View attachment 491572
Thats not the ELD.

However, unplugging that will have the desired effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts