9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started using a different smartphone recently and I can't get the car to recognize my Samsung Galaxy S7 so that HFL can connect. Discovered a Honda site where it seems as though my S7 is "too new", meaning only the Galaxy S3, S4 and S5 within that series of Samsung phones are compatible. This is tough to accept - am I just truly hosed for using my new phone with my (old) car? Is there some Android app that will make my S7 visible to HFL? Is there some firmware update I can apply to the HFL? I bought the car new and have already reset the HFL (removed any previously-connected phone from the HFL memory) - no joy. Thx.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
The phone could be too new for the now 7 year old car, but it could also be that Hondas, at least in my (and others') experience, can be temperamental about accepting new phones into their bluetooth system.

A few months ago I got a new LG Stylo 4 that I could not pair with my 2015 LX. I tried doing it via the phone and via the car and nothing worked.

How did I succeed? For as lame as it sounds, it took many many attempts, as in dozens, before the car recognized the phone, or vice versa.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which way it worked, although I suspect it was working the imid to recognize the phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Both the Car and phone have to be in discover mode at same time. I Had a Galaxy S7 connected. I also connected an S9. Put car in discover mode then open Bluetooth discover on phone. If it times out start over.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
Does the S7 have a manually operated discoverable mode, because the LG Stylo 4 does not. It seems that manufacturers of a lot of things are removing a lot of the user-operable settings from things they make.

My Stylo 4 has no user-operable discoverable mode which might explain why it was an ordeal to get it to pair with my car's BT.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm using a Pixel 3 with my 2014 Civic. It's not an issue that the phone is too new. I have always had trouble paring phones with this car. New phones don't even have a "discoverable" option. They generally default to that mode when you open the BT settings. Just keep trying and eventually it should pair. This may take many tries before it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts