9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been posted of if it's in the wrong thread, I'm new here...

I've tried searching the forums and I just don't know what this part of my Si is. I've searched "battery tray bolt," but that doesn't seem to be it.

Does anyone know what part of the car this is called, and what part number the bolts for the two circled areas would be?

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
the picture does not match the one you sent...

those 8x20 bolts are everywhere in the engine bay, and will likely fit, just verify with the dealer parts guy...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I would just got to the hardware store and grab the proper flange head bolts. Not reason to order a 50 cent piece of hardware from honda...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would just got to the hardware store and grab the proper flange head bolts. Not reason to order a 50 cent piece of hardware from honda...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I did this, after snapping several O.E.M., not seeing the "inch pounds" in a Haynes manual years ago. Alot of people don't know that there's different hardness of the same dimension bolt, and the wrong one can cause a bad day. You know, they don't if they are asking here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been posted of if it's in the wrong thread, I'm new here...

I've tried searching the forums and I just don't know what this part of my Si is. I've searched "battery tray bolt," but that doesn't seem to be it.

Does anyone know what part of the car this is called, and what part number the bolts for the two circled areas would be?

nah man it’s okay, what I do is 1. See if I can get the part Numbet and order the bolt/screw. If not, I go to Home Depot and find the size and thread pattern using their screw decoder thing to find if it’s a M4/M5 and get a STAINLESS STEEL. Anything Grade 6 and higher. It’s a lot cheaper this way. I hope this helps. It’s helped me alot. But always get the screws/bolts that match what it’s going to be used for. STAINLESS STEEL IS great for alot of applications but you may want to put anti-Sieze cause I’m pretty sure it’s aluminum. Good luck bud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts