9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Is there anyone that knows a group in Philadelphia or Bucks County that does any car meets?
I'm in Bucks County too and would like to do something. I went to a meet once (it was a NJ club) but it wasn't my seen. I'm a 40 year old father. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Sounds like you two have a golden opportunity to start a car meet your way.....;)

Get sponsors to provide the place, prizes for different categories, food vendors and food trucks, etc. Find a local non-profit to support with proceeds. People are always looking for ways to market their stuff. Just takes a little foot work. Make it big enough and maybe you could charge a nominal entry fee to go to the non-profit. This is an opportunity!!!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Good idea Roadcourse^ Just to add to that, I did a couple of MINI Cooper runs back when I owned them and they were a blast. Usually there would be about 10-15 of us that got together and we would go on a planned out cruise...usually related to food. For instance I did an ice cream run with them and we took backroads around northern Connecticut and southern Massachusetts to like 6 different ice cream places. Our driving was typically very spirited, and those MINIs can take turns on rails. My Si would have a hard time keeping up with some of them now I bet.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,191 Posts
I did cruises with my local MINI club, as well, when I had the car. I joined my local VW club a while back, but then realized I am done with that type of scene.

The issue, for an older gent, with a Civic club is that they are generally populated by considerably younger folks whose priorities differ significantly.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I did cruises with my local MINI club, as well, when I had the car. I joined my local VW club a while back, but then realized I am done with that type of scene.

The issue, for an older gent, with a Civic club is that they are generally populated by considerably younger folks whose priorities differ significantly.
That's my problem Scotty... I'm older now and the younger scene was a turn off. Engine revving, lots of foul language (I use foul language too but there's a time and place), etc etc. Not a family friendly environment. Maybe I'm driving the wrong car. LOL

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,191 Posts
Nah, it's the right car. It's just that particular environment is the wrong one . . . for you . . . and me, as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts