9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I used this forum for advice/info when I purchased my 2012 Honda Civic EX. I named her Cherry. She was my baby but she was only 2 years old when she got totaled. I was driving south along Sepulveda Blvd in SoCal and this idiot decides red means go. A year and change later, the lawsuit's finally over and I'm uploading all this!

So after this accident, I upgraded to a 2014 Civic Si Sedan with the help of this forum (love you guys). I've named her Scarlet. I'm thinking about starting to work on her starting with some basic exterior mods (window visors, HFP kit) and then moving on to lowering the car to fill the tire/fender gap. But I digress! Anyways, enjoy the video. I hear the interwebz really enjoys car collision videos :icon_wave::icon_wave:

https://youtu.be/L6u4lDJHTTs

-Stella
20140730_175558.jpg 20140730_175539.jpg 20140730_175731.jpg

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're ok.
Nobody wins with car on car crime.

Nice to hear you got a 14 Si.
Nice upgrade. Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds like a terrible experience, and idiot indeed geeze.
diggin the si, nice color choice haha

i also got my car from a norm reeves honda, the one in cerritos

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha great minds think alike I see with the exception of my totally not obvious Hello Kitty obsession. I'll take pics of my interior soon.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
As I have not previously spoken with you, welcome to 9th gen.

I'm glad all turned out well with your accident and resultant new car. :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @scottyrocks. It was a crazy ordeal when it happened. I was suffered traumatic bleeding in my eyes from the airbag and was blind for about a month. I took my finals by having a proctor read the test to me. LOL

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
Thanks @scottyrocks. It was a crazy ordeal when it happened. I was suffered traumatic bleeding in my eyes from the airbag and was blind for about a month. I took my finals by having a proctor read the test to me. LOL
Looking at the picture, of your car, I can see how that could have occurred. It looks like you came to a pretty g-intense stop.

I was not able to see your video in the other thread because my work server blocks youtube. If it shows the actual accident, I'm interested to see how it happened. Was it taken with a go-pro from inside your car?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
She?

Oi, hello! Welcome! And congrats to your new Civic! :highfive:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
What's with some of you guys? You read every other word? haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking at the picture, of your car, I can see how that could have occurred. It looks like you came to a pretty g-intense stop.

I was not able to see your video in the other thread because my work server blocks youtube. If it shows the actual accident, I'm interested to see how it happened. Was it taken with a go-pro from inside your car?
I don't have a GoPro, just a regular dashcam I bought for $30 on eBay. It was pretty intense. I blacked out on impact and when I woke up, my car was already stopped and smoking. I could hear that lady outside my car going "omg omg are you ok? My light wasn't red darling." I wanted to punch her right in her mouth but I couldn't move. MOVIES LIE! You always see badass people like Jason Statham just get out of a car after an accident but thats 200% wrong. My body felt paralyzed. I had to struggle to even open my door. I was only going 40mpoh...

·
Photoshop Masta
2,728 Posts
"omg omg are you ok? My light wasn't red darling."
Video footage determined, that was a lie.

Looks like she may have been looking past the light and looking at the other side of the overpass, you'd be surprised how often that happens. There's a street by my house, that's very similar, I see people run the light (before the overpass) because they're too busy looking at the other side of the overpass. Somehow, it's distracting to a lot of people, especially if there's a light on the other side.

Sorry to hear though, it looked pretty intense! Glad you weren't severely injured, and hey, you got a pretty sick upgrade out of it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
1 - 20 of 118 Posts