9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so recently I plugged my 12v battery wire into my amps ground, and the ground into the battery terminal on the amp. This cause my radio and accessory power outlet to go out, so I did check the fuse for the accessory, but that's fine not blown. What else could it be?

The amp isn't fired or anything, but when its on, the subwoofer makes a humming noise, I looked around the web for answers, so I'm thinking its a ground loop?

Anyways if anyone can add some input on what might be happening or what is going on please do tell!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
He ran his power wire and plugged that into the amps ground terminal. He then took the ground he had in place and hooked that into the amps positive battery terminal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aha, sorry about that, but thanks for actually reading and replying! I just want to figure out what could cause my factory radio and accessory plug not to work, I've checked the fuse for it and no blown fuse there. Is there anything else that could cause it not to turn on.

As for my subs making a noise, I believe its just bad grounding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So changing the "main relay" would do the trick?

& exactly how would I know which or could I get this done somewhere other than the dealership.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good question. I have a push to start and the green key in the dash kept flashing. It'll turn on my car but it'll turn right back iff, but it seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I still have warranty is it my best bet to take everything I done leds, and the system wires out so they can't void my warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I called the dealership to ask, and they said as long as it hasn't been touched, and I mean I haven't touched the screen nor anything that has to do with my ignition not being able to start. Only thing I do know i have touched is the accessory plugs because I have some LED running through them although it never did anything. Anywho my aftermarket system isn't touching the screen only connected to the battery and the rca cables are plugged into the stock subwoofer, the ground is grounded in the truck. So I'm not tampering with any of that am other than the LED but the service adviser had said it should be fine.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
The fact that it was "touched" means they can practically do what they wish if something fried and they find you reversed polarity since its not that easy to pop a relay.
See what relay is connected to your stereo and plugs.change it yourself.
Otherwise you might be stuck with a huge bill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts