9th Gen Civic Forum banner

car buying help

Tags
buying car
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nerk 
#1 ·
looking to buy an lx or ex sedan... talked to a dealer today and said that because i am upside down in my current car loan, i cant get finanaced through honda (as i knew) because the difference is more than 10% of the car purchase price. i will get about 3500 for trade in i am figuring. the salesman told me that because i will be financed through a bank, 'honda will knock 1500 of the price'....hmmmm
now this got in my head... instead of doing that deal on an LX, why not pay full price for a EX if they will give me more for my trade (honestly i'd have to get 4300 for a trade and i know the car max trade in value is probably 3500-3800) i just want the 1.99% interest rate honda is offering. if i couldn't do this, i'd be just getting a lx, because of the higher bank interest rate. i would pay about the same in either deal and way less in financing costs for the ex at the lower interest rate.

does this deal just sound like wishful (crazy) thinking on my part, or do actually think theyd go for it? thoughts please...

#2 ·
i'd say hold off on the buy... straighten out your finances first and by then you would have saved up some money and also can get a lower interest rate through honda. i bought mine with 0% apr and its great that i dont have to pay extra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.