9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13 Civic LX sedan was flooded by Hurricane Ida. Water rose to above the steering wheel. My car was cold and the headlights and wipers went off. After the water went above the dash it shut off completely. I haven’t not tried to start engine right after.

After a couple of day’s when the water went down, I started to strip all my car’s interior and dash to start drying everything with a wet vac. I took apart the fuze box next to the engine and tried to clean and dry it. I only use a blower for a few hours for the fuze box on the bottom, I also use contact cleaner for all the electrical components. I took a part the computer thats next to the engine which is dry, the other computer down by the pedals was soaked, but I cleaned it too.

No water has gotten into the engine but I have did the oil change anyways. Looks like no water went in the transmission either, left that alone. I charged the battery and it seemed to have fully charged. After I put everything back together and reconnected the battery, i got a little spark and then main fuse was blown. After adding the key to the ignition, and turning it to on nothing lit up on the dash. I’m getting replacement fuze for it soon, and Probably a new battery too. What else can I do?
The only main modifications I have done to my car is that I upgraded the sound system with a amplifier, capacitor and subs I took them out and put electrical tape on the cables. New exhaust and intake upgrade. Also added a throttle booster that goes straight to gas pedal.
The only main modifications I have done to my car is that I upgraded the sound system with a amplifier, capacitor and subs. New exhaust and intake upgrade. Also added a throttle booster that goes straight to gas pedal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
to stop mold you will need an ozone generator, and will need to put it inside the car and leave it for a few hours.

there are some youtube videos on it, so do some searching.

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
1st remove the pedal commander and throw that POS away
2nd did you attempt to start the engine without removing the spark plugs? If so and you tried to crank it,chances are you may have blown the engine.
3rd is if the main fuse blew that could indicate a short in the charging system and or the starter.
4th check all other fuses because If you burnt the main fuse you may have blown the main relay. Check all relays that are attached to the main fuse on crank , meaning the starter relay,the fuel pump relay,the charging system etc etc . It's a non si so I can't help that much but those are the common systems you'd need to check for a main fuse main relay blowout. Oh yeah and get rid of the pedal commander and the stupid capacitor for the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@EffBee6fromthe209 @2013ACURAILX
Thanks for the insight. I have already removed all the unnecessary accessories already and dried out all the fuze and relays, and the connectors I’ve seen prior to attempting to start the engine. I drained the oil and cleaned the engine with the diesel. Now my car runs but the power steering is shot, and all the display panels don’t function properly. I ran a obd scanner, and I got 6 codes U0155, P1454, P0304, P0102, P0113, P0118. I reset the codes and they all appeared again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
P1454 - fuel tank pressure sensor
P0304 - Misfire on cylinder #4
P0102 - Mass Airflow circuit
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit
P0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

I would start by cleaning all the electrical connector on these sensors, in case they are all corroded from water infiltration.
Then clear the codes and retry.

If they all come back up, try some spray lube like wd40 on the main ecm/pcm harness connector (disconnected) in case corrosion got in there too.

Edit: Also, make sure all your body grounds are not corroded to hell, bad grounds to the PCM will do weird s#it.
check the crank/cam sensor and the injector and coil connection for cyl no 4 for corrosion related to the misfire issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts