9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 civic si
it did it 2 days ago in the morning. I left it sit for 2 days.
started right up yesterday drove all day
started today drove until afternoon
went to get food and came back to start the car and it started doing it again

battery is good tested.
I also have a known good battery I use to jump start my cars all the time
and also tried to jump it from another car

when I press start it clicks one time and completely dies NOT EVEN HAZARDS are on

everything is dead

I lift the battery terminal for few seconds and got power and accessory
as soon as I press ignition without even starting the car loses power again every time.

battery and terminals are obviously making contact I checked fuses under hood didn't see anything obvious.

what else can it be?
faulty module somewhere that is shorting out?
faulty ignition module
anything else?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check the alternator and starter. It’s a nice car still it shouldn’t be anything really. I have a 14 lx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
indeed it was.
it was progressively getting worse. so when I tested it few times when I tested all the grounds it somehow managed to make contact

the bolt was looseat the battery ground for whatever fn reason the previous owner messed with it.

it ****** with me because every time I pull the cable off it would get power so it looked like it was a faulty module that was reset every time I pull the terminal off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
indeed it was.
it was progressively getting worse. so when I tested it few times when I tested all the grounds it somehow managed to make contact

the bolt was looseat the battery ground for whatever fn reason the previous owner messed with it.

it ****** with me because every time I pull the cable off it would get power so it looked like it was a faulty module that was reset every time I pull the terminal off.
So, all is good now? Doesn't it really piss you off when something so minor takes up so much of your time to get it resolved!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,340 Posts
The test you need to do is called a load test. It measures the voltage while the battery is cranking the starter. A drop of only ~2 volts during this test means that your battery is toast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts