9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CC is just Cam's civic nothing special. This is my supercharger project. After doing some research I was assuming that the old k20 intake manifold parts would fit the new k24 engine. So I decided to part together a supercharger built like the tts/rotrex and create something worth while at a lesser price. So far I have found that the old intakes do fit perfectly to the new k24 engine. That was one of the greatest news I found out yesterday when I took apart the car. Anywho Ill try keeping everybody posted on more that goes on. Im still at a stand still with Hondata not having anything for us. I do have my dyno shop ready and much more. Feel free to asking any questions as Ill try to answer them as best as I can.

I do know that taking stuff off wasnt that bad. Would have been slightly easier if I could have gotten under the car. The plastic part of the intake where the throttle body connects too has one last bolt underneath it on. The metal intake portion you have to be careful with as that is the part that has coolant in it. I got splashed a little from not draining enough out first. I used a gasket scraper to scrap off old gasket residue but there wasn't much on there being a new car. I used the new thermal gasket to replace the old metal-like gasket. And bolted the supercharge sport intake manifold back on from TTS performance. (That was all yesterday)

Do not try this or anything if you are unsure or confident in your ability to modify or change something. Especially on a new car. Anywho, today I tackled the fuel systems components. I had to drop the fuel injection rail and injectors to the bottle of the intake manifold. The old design had them on the top. This saves space for a supercharger to fit just a above the alternator instead of bolting one in replacement of the alternator. This was the only spot for this styled supercharger kit to fit on the k20's so I will assume this is the only spot to fit for our cars as well.

Im losing my thoughts as Im writing and watching inception (great movie). Anyway. The plan is to hook everything up as it should be but leave the supercharger out of the mix for now then add it back once I get Hondata in my hands. Im sure this will kill performance but I just need the car to be able to run to make sure I did everything correctly. Ha, but I am curious to see what a intake with no runners would do... Ill be back dang movie

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
In for updates and good luck!

Also, Do you think any aftermarket Intake Manifolds for a K20 would fit the K24?

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hooked up the fuel lines and rigged up the vacuum lines to check to see if she ran. Went and hooked power back up and the IMID showed check TPMS and Check emissions. I was like WTF. Then I found my ground from the old injector harness wasn't hooked up.. Bad mistake to be making. I hope that is the only mistake I make. Hooked evrything up temp for now and started it up. Started like it was brand new. I need to do something different for the intake for now. Tried sucking the U-bend in (haha). DSCF2274.jpg DSCF2275.jpg DSCF2276.jpg DSCF2277.jpg DSCF2278.jpg DSCF2279.jpg DSCF2280.jpg DSCF2281.jpg DSCF2282.jpg DSCF2283.jpg

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This all looks like a lot of work but fun! Meanwhile I get to have fun sitting at my desk at work.

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your brave, tear down a new car lol. keep up!
All on a gamble too. My GF kept coming to the garage saying are you sure you want to to this... I'm so scared lol. I was like well if I mess up then I think we will just have to push it in the lake behind use haha. All going good though. Can't wait to get home and continue.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What do you have to daily drive cam?

I don't think I'm ready to do any kind of FI build on my baby yet, just being without it for 5 days was brutal. I didn't think having to drive a 94 accord would be so awful but my god I realized how much I missed my Si when I drove it for the first time again.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
All on a gamble too. My GF kept coming to the garage saying are you sure you want to to this... I'm so scared lol. I was like well if I mess up then I think we will just have to push it in the lake behind use haha. All going good though. Can't wait to get home and continue.
Lets hope it's not found in the lake...lol...

BTW, since you have most of the parts off, why not do a DYI while you are at it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets hope it's not found in the lake...lol...

BTW, since you have most of the parts off, why not do a DYI while you are at it?

lol no lake started ok without the charger on it. I plan to stick a temp are intake on it and see if it runs ok to alternate cars to get to work with. I can write up a DIY for this. Won't have the best of pictures but I think I can make it work. Ill work on that once I get home.

What do you have to daily drive cam?

I don't think I'm ready to do any kind of FI build on my baby yet, just being without it for 5 days was brutal. I didn't think having to drive a 94 accord would be so awful but my god I realized how much I missed my Si when I drove it for the first time again.
This is my dd. I'm down to my spare car. Buick regal. POS. It was that or the race car. I want about to take 8 mpg driving 89 miles to work one way lol. I hear you on driving something crappy.

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
You're very courageous. Let's hope hondata has a tuning solution for you soon.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx. Lets hope so otherwise. Ill have to go back to plan b and use a piggy back and/or mega squirt. Talked to B.Fox and he hasn't found a solution that keeps a lot of factory items going. Hes working toward something else but so far hadn't found much other then the 8th gen ecu. I'm not even looking forward to an ecu project. Come on hondata :)

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to plan b. Ill try and get another write up. Been working a lot lately and I work for the biggest train company that hardly has any business compared to the rest. Going to install everything else and will be running AEM f/ic unit to do the work. So far it looks like I will have to wire this up directly but im going to see if someone can build me an adapter. Tuning solution solved for me at a great price too. And still user friendly

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the AEM-FIC to do the duty to control boost. About ready to tow my car to new berlin and have these guys wire this in.

Issues I have ran into are the bumper has to come off to mount up the supercharger oil cooler. And the supercharger is just too big to fit into then engine bay.

Ordered a rotrex c30 supercharger and sent back the procharger for size. I got that in and it too is just a little to big but I think I can get it to work.

Back to work. Hoprfully its a quick trip to chicago and back so I can get this knocked out and ready for monday :).

New injectors might be a little small as im running 800cc. Umm what other updates do I have. I have pictures but I keep forgetting them. I think next time instead of going custom supercharger ill just go FR turbo. That is in another life time though. No more modifying vehicles after this car. Ill have my two. I'm good :)

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Thanks for the updated photos! Looking good!

Sent from my LG-P999

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.