9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering if you guys know any good places in central jersey to get tuned? I am going to be running aem fic I heard yo solo is good but I can't seem to find a working number for them lol.

I know there's searches lol. I just want some up to date info with you high and mighty si guys :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Take a look at RS-Tech in Blackwood, NJ... I know its probably out the way for you but Randy is a master tuner and his services are well worth the drive.

·
Registered
908 Posts
aem fic? sell your turbo kit, sell the aem fic, and trade in for an si. Get hondata, and you'll be making what is most likely more horsepower than your r18 was going to make when turbocharged. Seriously. Keep your r18 stock, the aem fic will be a nightmare.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aem fic? sell your turbo kit, sell the aem fic, and trade in for an si. Get hondata, and you'll be making what is most likely more horsepower than your r18 was going to make when turbocharged. Seriously. Keep your r18 stock, the aem fic will be a nightmare.
Typical....
The thing is people did get it to work fine in other countries great just do the research and don't be ignorant....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Typical....
The thing is people did get it to work fine in other countries great just do the research and don't be ignorant....

I've seen AEM FIC work. The problem is, the ecu is going to fight it every step of the way. Any quirks you have in the drivability of the vehicle CANNOT BE FIXED. I'm just warning you now, just because it "works" doesn't mean it works well.

You want something that truly works get an aem ems or aem infinity with a custom harness. Since i have a feeling you don't want to spend that on tuning, you're going to have to deal with the fic. The FIC is named as it's a "fuel ignition controller". It's a piggyback tuner. It's far from the ideal situation and the money you're spending is SERIOUSLY better put into a platform that's already designed for it.

I'm not being "typical". I'm telling the truth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where in NJ to tune?

Hey guys, I live in central Jersey and after a year of owning my 2013 Civic Si I'm starting to maybe look into the modding world. The first thing I want to do is just do a tune to my car. Are there any places in the area that I can take my car to have this done?

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you want to get a tune importdps can tune. Also you can go to Evans it depends on where you live in new jersey but its right over the boarder hes right in my bethel Pa. He is good i know a lot of people that get there tunes done there.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
Three central NJ tuning shop request threads merged.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts