9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to put this, but seems to fit in this topic.

My headlights were getting pretty nasty looking. Did some research and found this kit to be praised very well. I've also used cerekote products in the past on firearms and love their products. This kit is very easy to use. No tools required, everything you need is in the kit. Here is a before and after photo. 馃槈

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
Oh wow. That's pretty impressive. Especially considering that you didn't use any tools. Mine didn't look that good after taking a drill to them.

(My profile pic is my headlight right after I refinished them last.)

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried a few other kits on other cars and none have looked this good. Trust me I wouldn't take the time to post if I wasn't truly impressed. Blew my mind. I didn't realize how bad my headlights were until I cleaned them haha.

Premium Member
great info! I should try this on the Minivan

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
And it's only $25??
Definitely trying this out.

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give that a shot next time. My buddies all swear by Cerakote for their firearm coatings, too.
Yeah, obviously it's a different product, as a company though I know they make great products so I figured after seeing their praise I'd give it a shot. If I remember, or someone reminds me ill post an update in 6 months and then a year to see how the finish is holding up. That's the real test.

Registered
2012 Si sedan
...If I remember, or someone reminds me ill post an update in 6 months and then a year to see how the finish is holding up. That's the real test.
You could always wrap the headlight in film. I clear coated the headlights on my Sentra after doing a Mother's restoration kit and it lasted almost two years.

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True. I somewhat like the hex wrap for headlights. Ehhh not in my car though. Little too ricey. I'd do a simple clear though. Thx for the idea!

Registered
2012 Si sedan
True. I somewhat like the hex wrap for headlights. Ehhh not in my car though. Little too ricey. I'd do a simple clear though. Thx for the idea!
No problem, you could always get some clear paint protection film. I just applied the Vvivid Bio Hex to my headlights and it was kind of a pita due to the headlight shape, so clear would be the easier option.

Registered
Or, you can use tooth paste & elbow grease for next to nothing.

Registered
2012 CBP FG4
That does not work as well. You want an actual polish for a like-new, long-lasting finish
Agreed. I did the toothpaste method prior to using a kit. Don't get me wrong, toothpaste works if that's all you got, but in comparison to one of the kits it's just not as good. I'd spend the $25 bucks to not have to use elbow grease.

Registered
2015 Civic EX CVT sedan
If I remember, or someone reminds me ill post an update in 6 months and then a year to see how the finish is holding up. That's the real test.
Hey all,

How is the Cerakote headlight kit holding up?

Thanks!

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll post photos asap. Still look perfect! Just got another kit for the 8th gen!

Registered
2012 civic Si
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Just took this today of the 9th gen 6/24/2021. Car is dirty, but you can tell the lights a still perfect crystal clear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts