9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Figured I'd update this issue.
I had been having issues with it before I started tuning with flashpro where it was weak but charging it and testing the battery showed it was ok.
A few weeks ago it died and finally failed a load test. Battery is about 4-5 years old and has been through that many winters so it didn't suprise me.

I recently bought a winter truck so I just removed the battery and left the car I. The garage for a week or two before finally buying a new battery. Installed it and since the. I haven't seen voltage drop below 14.3v on flashpro.

Not sure if it was having the battery disconnected for a long time or the old battery was the issue. Either way it seems to be ok now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
4-5 years is actually excellent for the stock battery.
I’ve got a non-Si and I see the same behavior (12.2v under certain circumstances).
It’s just how the ELD works. It saves a few pennies in Mpg but kills the battery in the process.
I think any variations you see are circumstantial, since it’s taking many parameters into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Having the economy charging feature turned off with flashpro should have the alternator charge at a constant 14.4v. My issue was it kept dropping to 12v while driving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lol what? Car batteries have been charging at 14.4v for many years. That is a normal charge for a vehicle without any economy charge.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts