9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I buy a PRL hot parts kit with no turbo and just put in a cheap t3 turbo and run that, for what I want to do I just want 300 ish horsepower. I would need to buy a turbo, a BOV, an intake and that would be it right. I don't want to buy an 850 dollar journal bearing turbo good for 650 horsepower the most I would want is 350. Sorry if this is dumb, I'm not a turbo guy.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Could I buy a PRL hot parts kit with no turbo and just put in a cheap t3 turbo and run that, for what I want to do I just want 300 ish horsepower. I would need to buy a turbo, a BOV, an intake and that would be it right. I don't want to buy an 850 dollar journal bearing turbo good for 650 horsepower the most I would want is 350. Sorry if this is dumb, I'm not a turbo guy.
Sure, you could do that but why? If you are going to buy quality prl parts why cheap out on the turbo, the most important item?

The amount of power a turbo can make does not determine the price. The quality of manufacturer determines the price. You can get a quality turbo that makes 3-400hp

Lastly, keep in mind you will need a lot more parts than you listed. Intercooler, piping, wastegate, fuel pump and injectors, tuning just to name a few.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
Smaller turbos spool fast, and tend to make less peak HP when maxed out. I wouldn't go cheap on the turbo as depetro said. A small quality turbo (Borg Warner or Garrett) is going to be much better than a mass manufactured turbo (OEM).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts