9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently put a base map on my car from flashpro for sri downpipe and exhaust and now its throwing a check engine code p0171 at me, is there any way to fix this? any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you put all the modifications on and upload the base map in the same day, or did you install the bolt ons and run the car at all before the base map? Try going back to the factory tune and see if there are any codes. If there are codes on the factory tune then it's not the base map and you should double check everything you physically installed.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Did you put all the modifications on and upload the base map in the same day, or did you install the bolt ons and run the car at all before the base map? Try going back to the factory tune and see if there are any codes. If there are codes on the factory tune then it's not the base map and you should double check everything you physically installed.
This is incorrect. You cannot run those parts without a tune. He is going to get the same codes (or worse) on a factory map. The car must be tuned properly to correct the problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I understand, and by no means am I a tuner, there won’t be any sort of gains from running the factory tune with bolt on modifications. I wouldn’t think that attempting to narrow it down by doing this would cause any sort of real damage. ESP if he doesn’t go WOT. If there is already a lean condition then that in and of itself is dangerous to run the car on. So at the very least, the base map that is causing the lean condition should be removed right away no? Wouldn’t the ecm try to compensate with the increased air & exhaust flow by dumping more fuel causing a rich condition? Safer to be rich than lean.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
475 Posts
From what I understand, and by no means am I a tuner, there won’t be any sort of gains from running the factory tune with bolt on modifications. I wouldn’t think that attempting to narrow it down by doing this would cause any sort of real damage. ESP if he doesn’t go WOT. If there is already a lean condition then that in and of itself is dangerous to run the car on. So at the very least, the base map that is causing the lean condition should be removed right away no? Wouldn’t the ecm try to compensate with the increased air & exhaust flow by dumping more fuel causing a rich condition? Safer to be rich than lean.
Nope. The car will run like hot garbage (if at all) with those parts on the factory tune. End of story. There's no other way about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts