9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was rebuilding a 2012 Honda civic sedan it was rear ended, Now the car is ready to go,but it has the check engine light on and it says check transmission as well.
i used the scanner and I found this codeP0966 solenoid b
i checked all the wires,connectors and the solenoid as we'll everything is working fine.
today I got a new ECU, I installed it and still the same problem
any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
373 Posts
Clutch pressure control solenoid valve B:

Looks like the code will reset in one second as long as problem is present.

Code is an electrical circuit problem, can't be caused by a mechanical problem.

2 round things just to the passengers side of the trans dipstick, the most forward one is solenoid B.

Ohm spec 5.0-6.3

I guess if you don't have a factory scanner or equivalent, the next thing is to check continuity of the wire to the PCM and the wire to ground.

Or send to a dealer for warranty?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,971 Posts
Clutch pressure control solenoid valve B:

Looks like the code will reset in one second as long as problem is present.

Code is an electrical circuit problem, can't be caused by a mechanical problem.

2 round things just to the passengers side of the trans dipstick, the most forward one is solenoid B.

Ohm spec 5.0-6.3

I guess if you don't have a factory scanner or equivalent, the next thing is to check continuity of the wire to the PCM and the wire to ground.

Or send to a dealer for warranty?
It was in an accident, I doubt they'll warranty this issue.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It was in an accident, I doubt they'll warranty this issue.
They don't know that unless you tell them, right?

You're working on the back of the car, so the front didn't suffer any damages?

You already replaced the PCM for this, and did a dealer do the programming?

Heck, as long as the failure is found to have no relation to the accident, I personally wouldn't have an issue doing the job as warranty. As far as I see it, if I am the one to say "warranty shouldn't cover the repair" then I'd better be able to show just cause for that statement.

Unless it's a total/salvage.VIN check at the dealer would show if warranty is still in effect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was rear ended no front damage.
i got an used PCM.I didn't program it. I just installed it but the D flashing and couldn't reset the code.
no warranty salvage title

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wire colors at the CPC solenoid B are brown and black. Got the correct wire connector plugged in there? Are you sure you are checking the right set of wires?

Next steps in troubleshooting involve using the HDS scanner to manually actuate the solenoid, so I'd say you will be money ahead to let someone handle it that has the right equipment to do so.
My opinion would be to put the original PCM back in it and ship it to the dealer.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts