9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Civic Ex-L 2012, 1.4L, 106k miles

I got this car end of last year and have been trying to clean it and maintain it to ensure longevity (i.e. oil changes, coolant changes, transmission fluid changes—yes only the Honda authentic stuff—, etc.) I’m a novice but love learning so any insight would be appreciated.

A week ago I found tears/rips in my air intake cleaner hose (the one that connects the throttle body to the air intake box) and so I ordered a new part off rock auto to fix it (Dorman 696105). Last night I removed the air intake box, cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner, cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner and replaced the hose. When I reconnected it all and took my car for a short spin it seemed ok—no lights on the dash. Today, however, when taking it out the check engine light, VSA light and power steering fluid Light kicked on.

All connections seem good and sensors are connected. I don’t know what to do to fix this issue. I drive it around for about 15-20 miles to see if it’s clear itself (as I’ve seen some posts mention) but it didn’t. Got a computer read on it at autozone and it popped a p1129 “map sensor signal higher than expected” with a secondary p050b “cold start ignition timing control system performance problem” suggesting I replace the MAP sensor. Prior to replacing this part and cleaning other parts no check engine lights were ever on. Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated. I’m debating just retaking it apart and reattaching to make sure all is good but I’ve looked over it and it seems fine…..dunno what to do. Sorry if this was a dumb question but I’m stumped. Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
clear the codes, do an idle relearn with a honda specific scanner.
save your money and dont throw parts at the problem until you know for sure whats up.

since you're a DIY enthusiast, here is a copy of the service manual for reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clear the codes, do an idle relearn with a honda specific scanner.
save your money and dont throw parts at the problem until you know for sure whats up.

since you're a DIY enthusiast, here is a copy of the service manual for reference.
Perfect, thanks so much! I’ll check it out and see what happens and if this can solve the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts