9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I own a 2015 Si and yesterday while driving a "check starter system" light came on. When I got to my destination and turned my car off, it would not turn back on. After a while it eventually did. So this morning I took it in to my local Honda dealership and they said they did a system update and that they've never heard of this light.. I've read that others have had this problem with 2014 civics.. but has anyone with the 2015s? If so, how did you get yours fixed? I'm nervous it will continue to happen.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've seen this already on this board. It's the clutch switch. Don't let them change any other parts.... they should actually look up problems instead of B.S.'ing you.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I usually just come out and tell them that I saw the issue on the forums and it's THIS... please fix it according to what 20 other people said was the problem and not pull sh*t out of your ass.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey all. I own a 2015 Si and yesterday while driving a "check starter system" light came on. When I got to my destination and turned my car off, it would not turn back on. After a while it eventually did. So this morning I took it in to my local Honda dealership and they said they did a system update and that they've never heard of this light.. I've read that others have had this problem with 2014 civics.. but has anyone with the 2015s? If so, how did you get yours fixed? I'm nervous it will continue to happen.
girlfriend just texted a picture of her 2015 si with 4k miles displaying this message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for the 3rd time, finally asking to speak to the service manager. I explained my frustration and how none of his service advisors seem to have a clue about this issue and I'd been given the runaround for the past 12 months. Funny how they found a software update and flashed my car. Here is the invoice in case anyone else is having the same issue. IMG_0117.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for the 3rd time, finally asking to speak to the service manager. I explained my frustration and how none of his service advisors seem to have a clue about this issue and I'd been given the runaround for the past 12 months. Funny how they found a software update and flashed my car. Here is the invoice in case anyone else is having the same issue. View attachment 400402
Kinda makes me glad I have a 2012... kinda...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed a remote starter on my SI and I see this only when its started with the remote. Only thing I can figure is the car is smart enough to know its running and it shouldnt be HA!
For your situation I dunno know but I feel like it might have been a bug in the logic.. there I have officially posted a completely useless post.. my job is done for today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just called Honda North America (800) 999-1009. They say, we just don't have enough people calling in to make it an official "recall". So, all of you, please give a shout to Honda if you have this problem. May be, they will let their dealers know about the issue and it will make our lives a little easier in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts