9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was suggested by a senior member of this website that I contact you with this issue, so I did a copy-and-paste...

I just installed the fog light kit on my 2012 LX coupe. The installation was easy enough, but after reconnecting the battery ground and trying everything out, I noticed that I am now unable to scroll through the i-menus. Everything else works except this: I press the button repeatedly(upper left-hand side of the steering wheel) and I hear a beep, but all that happens is that the display refreshes itself in audio info mode. I can't can flip from audio info to milage rating info to analog clock like I did before the install. I have tried everything per the manual, and even reloaded the factory defaults, but no success. I had the battery disconnected for 24 hours during the install (don't laugh, anyone with a wife should know why this installation took so long). I held the radio power button in for two seconds while in ignition mode per the install instructions, and the radio works OK, so I don't think it's a lockout problem, unless it's something weird where entering the authorization code would actually clear this up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the answer! I talked with the service manager from Voss Honda, and after some serious head-scratching, he suggested removing both ground cables from the battery, connecting the main ground cable to the positive cable for 15 minutes, and then reconnecting both ground cables to the battery.

It worked! All menus are back, and everything works as before.

He figured what with all the electronics, maybe I introduced a ghost in the machine when I did the first disconnect on the battery, and grounding everything in the system prior to reconnecting would force a clean reboot.

Hope this helps anyone who has to do a disconnect on the battery!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts